Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Was going to go walk this morning, but it’s too stinking hot even at 7am. I got some things done in my room instead. If I work in my room early morning and late evenings, it’s not quite so hot. Also, I turn my AC on in the evenings, although I keep the room in the 80s, but it helps.

This morning, Mary, Lesly and I went to La Curasau to pick up 5 sewing machines that we ordered on special for the Sewing classes. We are so excited! Edwin, the driver (and friend of Lesly’s family) is always wonderful about helping us to carry things. He’s the best!

We got back home and Sherry was getting a massage from Mayela. Manuel was keeping us occupied. I got started on computer work right away, since it’s backing up on me. We had lunch and then I came back to the computer until I was too brain stretched to continue. I opted to take a nap. Sherry, Manuel, Mayela and Lelsy left mid-afternoon. Buster dozed on my rug for a while. Mary studied and relaxed a little bit. It’s so hot that you just don’t have a lot of energy. It makes me feel like a slug though.

I’m excited about the things going on with the ministry. There is so much to keep up with. I’m thrilled to be a part of it all.

I’ve found that NO ONE in Nicaragua seems to carry the ink cartridges for my printer. I’ve always brought some down with me, but this time I got the wrong number. We’ve looked everywhere for cartridges. What a bummer. Mike bought a printer/scanner/copier/fax machine for the office, so I guess I can just use it, but it’s so handy to have my printer right here in my room. Ok, I need to suck it up and quit complaining!!!

Mayela is looking forward to translating for my sewing class tomorrow and then we have Bible study on Friday. She will translate for me on Wed, Thur and Fri for all my classes. She will translate for Mary on Mon and Tues. She will also work with me 3 days a week visiting the 6 Feeding Centers that we are in charge of. This will keep us hopping. I really like Mayela and I think we will work very well together! What a nice addition to the VOH family!

Well, better get back to work for now. I’m trying to pull together info to complete my website vickiecline.com. It’s hard for me to pull all the pieces together. Too much floating around in my head. But I’ll get it a little bit at a time. My friend JP is helping me from the states, but I have to get the info to him to put on the site. I’ll chug away a little more at a time.

Then it’s movie time. I’m so spoiled! I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment