Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A beautiful day. We stayed at the Mission House and had fellowship with Pastor Marvin’s family. Rose of Sharon church was doing a feeding in the late morning/noon. They were having services at night, so the family came over to the Mission House during the day.

Sherry made spaghetti and garlic cheese biscuits and cake. Pastor Marvin’s family made chicken, yucca salad. It was a good feast.

I really enjoyed visiting with Pastor Marvin and then with his fiancé Ingrid for most of the afternoon. We spoke entirely in Spanish and it was nice. I haven’t really studied much in months, but I’m happy that a lot of what I learned with Juan last fall is still in my brain and comes out in pieces when needed. It makes me even more anxious to study more. I have a long way to go still, but people tell me I’m doing really well. I give the glory to God, because my little pea brain can only handle so much. I’m praying for a clear mind and a strong desire, oh and discipline to learn fast.

I fixed a nice dinner of left-overs from the last few days. I love left overs, especially cold. ☺

I chose to watch a movie for the evening and decided on Courageous. I hadn’t seen it yet, since it came to the theaters the day I flew out of AR last October. I purchased it before coming back to Nica. I had heard that it was a really good movie and that I would need Kleenex. So I saved it for a special time when I was ready for a message. I truly enjoyed it. It did make me cry in many scenes. So heartfelt. After watching the main movie, I watched the special features, like the videos of how they made the movie and shot the scenes. That was very interesting. Then I watched the deleted scenes. Then I really enjoyed the bloopers and out-takes. I ended the evening laughing with the actors and characters. A fine evening.

I love my little quiet-time corner of my room with my bookcase and rocking chair. I spend a lot of time in my room, especially in the evenings when the sun starts going down and the bugs come out. It’s nice to have a comfy space to relax and read my Bible and study. It makes my room feel less like a closet and more like my special place.

It wasn’t as windy today, which made the dust problem less annoying, but it sure was hot! I’m so thankful for the rancho to sit under. I can read, study, work (electrical outlets), visit, eat and rest in the shade. We have large trees, some of them mango trees, that provide shade. The mangoes fall off of the trees, so we have to make sure that the vehicles don’t park under them. One mango fell so hard that it made a hole in the roof of the men’s bathroom of the little pool house. Everyone is loving taking mangoes home with them, though.

The water pressure is still an issue this time of year. I finished washing the dishes with the garden hose. But we do what we must do to get by. And we’re thankful for everything we have. God provides what we need. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment