Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Well, let’s see, what’s happened today…

Beautiful sunshine this morning. Loving it and gonna miss it when the rainy season starts in a few months. But I love waking up to it every morning for now.

Bible study and worship time here. Pastor Marvin and his praise team were still on their prayer retreat. (they have Sunday evening services because of the heat).

A church group came to use the pool for baptism today and then stayed for an hour of swimming. They were sweet. I got a couple of photos and a couple quick videos.

I had been working on the computer under the rancho when they arrived, so I moved to my room and did some sewing projects. I hemmed 2 dresses and then made a cozy for my printer and stand. Then I rigged up a curtain for my wall to wall shelve. Juver helped me hang it. Let’s just say we used our own method – including 4 screws, clothesline rope and a needle and thread. I need to get used to it, but I like it instead of seeing all my ‘stuff’ on display along the back wall.

The group left and Juver and Alberto and I just relaxed and talked. I’m getting a workout on my Spanish! Alberto mumbles, so Juver translates what Alberto says in Spanish to me in Spanish, but I can understand Juver much easier. It’s kind of funny!

The Hulseys came by to check on things and Manuel and I got the chance to play a little bit. Mike ran and bought us some grilled chicken from one of the street vendors. I never thought I would ever see Sherry buy food from the street. I’m glad she is more accepting of it. This particular vendor does a good job and it’s safe for us.

We realized that the keys were locked in the van. Alberto, Juver, Mike, Sherry and I all were trying to get the lock open. Yes, all of us. We were holding 2 flashlights, 2 screwdrivers and one wire coat hanger. Needless to say, we couldn’t get the job done. German came by and said he would go get someone he knew could open it up (kind of a shady character, I think, but a pro). I told Mike that I didn’t lock the keys in it, I just run into trees. Lol

Well, it’s time for me to relax and get ready for a video and read myself to sleep. We’ve got more work to do this week to get ready for the teams on Saturday. Woohoo!!

Can’t wait to serve the Lord with these 28 people! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment