Sunday, March 25, 2012

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Technically, the day began at 2:30am when I got up to see the teams off to the airport at 3. But I went back to bed and slept in until 8am. What a blessing!

I got a quick load of laundry done before the cleaning ladies started washing the 28 sets of sheets and dozens of towels. I started working on my room. I have many goodies that the team from Rogers brought down for me, and I began the task of getting things put away. Of course, it takes some organization to fit things into my room, so I spent hours today working on that. I was planning for a nap, but my room was in such a mess by mid-afternoon, that I couldn’t find a spot on the bed to nap. ☺ So I just kept right on working.

Sherry made a salad with really yummy leaf lettuce that she found at the grocery store. It was so good! Lettuce here isn’t all that great and leaf lettuce is a special treat. Mike picked up some nacatamales for our lunch. Mary doesn’t care for them and Mike can’t stand them. Sherry was full from breakfast and didn’t eat. Manuel and I enjoyed ours and the workers enjoyed the special treat, too.

We (mostly Sherry and Mary with a little help from Manuel) filled 300 Easter eggs today for the dinner and Easter egg hunt for the workers families tomorrow. They don’t do the Easter Bunny and eggs and candy here, so it will be fun to see them go after those eggs!

Sherry is going to cook lasagna and salad and bread. She’s also going to make some different kinds of sweets. It will be a fun time.

Mary’s air conditioner died and she has been suffering with the heat. Mike picked up a floor type unit today. It needs to be vented to the outside, so she will get to use it on Monday after Saturnino rigs it up. I know she is looking forward to it. I sure am thankful for my new AC unit that I bought last October. It’s such a blessing to sleep in a cool room.

I’ve been reflecting on the past week and how much God blessed us with 2 great teams to work with and with a great ministry opportunity here in Nica. I’m so thankful for all God allows me to be a part of. He is opening doors here in Nica faster than we can walk through them. We are very thankful and happy to do His work here.

I called Deanna tonight. I try to call her on Saturday nights so that she can report to her Sunday school class on Sunday morning. She had some health problems last week, but she is doing really well. I miss her and am glad that I can call her often.

I think I’m going to cut this short and relax a little. I’m counting my blessings for sure tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment