Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday, March 16, 2012

Wow, the month is half over! Time is flying by!

I took the morning off from walking today. I got some things done in my room getting ready for the sewing class next week and Women’s Bible study today. Worked ahead a little on my daily Bible study in case I get distracted while the teams are here next week. Had lunch and then Mary, Lesly and I went to town to get a few items. Poor Lesly had to take care of me and Mary like we were out on a day pass from the funny farm and she was our caretaker. Haha

Lesly and Sherry had gone to La Unión this morning to buy groceries for the team for the first 3 days. It took up all the room in the SUV (with Mike driving) and then Sherry and Lesly had to take a taxi back with more food in it. It takes a lot of grub to feed teams. But it’s a good thing! Lydia, our main cook, does a wonderful job following Sherry’s recipes and we eat a lot of American food. I know the teams will be happy with the grub.

Lesly and I went to the Women’s Bible study in ROSCC church this afternoon. We are having a good time so far. I think the women will be into the discussion portions of this study. I love spending time with them. I got more pics of the ladies that came today and missed last week. All the ladies enjoyed seeing their pictures that I had printed from last week. They don’t get to see pictures too often. I like to treat them with these small gestures when possible. I hope they know how loved they are.

I talked to Deanna today. She is at home and her house sounded like a circus. One of the grand-dogs was over, along with Jet and the puppy that was dropped off there before I left for Nica. People were in and out. I told her that I wished I could bring her down here to a quiet room and relaxation. ☺ She sounded pretty good. I hope she gets the rest and recuperation that she needs. She is one of the sweetest ladies that I have ever met. I miss her while I’m here.

Manuel stayed here at the Mission House with Mary and I after his school session today. He and I swam a little bit and then we had left overs for dinner. He sang for Mary, Juver and I. It was funny. He and Juver talked about women in general while I translated between the two. Then Manuel got mad a Mary and I and was in a huff for a little bit. Juver asked Manuel to draw with him. That calmed Manuel down and he had fun until Jorge came to pick him up and take him home. Manuel is big stuff when he gets to ride in the taxi all by himself. Of course, Jorge works for us part-time, so it’s not like we’re putting in with a stranger or something. Manuel gets to pay the fare and everything. He’s so cute about it.

I’m going to watch my video and head to bed early tonight. I didn’t sleep very well last night. I didn’t know that Buster had gotten into my room before bed. He likes to lay under my bed where it is cooler on the tiles. He woke up around 2-ish this morning and pawed at my bed. Scared me to death! I let him out and he went to sleep on his run outside my door. I couldn’t go back to sleep for a long time.

Alberto told me this morning that he had tried to get me on the walkie-talkie about 1:30am when he walked around the property on a security check and didn’t see Buster anywhere. I had forgotten to turn the wt on, so I didn’t hear him. When I told Alberto about Buster waking me up in the middle of the night, he laughed.

Buster and the cat, Scratch, keep things interesting. Oh, and Manuel, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment