Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Today has been quite wonderful. Everyone else took off in the van for a road trip to Granada today. As much as I would have loved to see Manuel and Cecilia, I just couldn’t get myself to take a 3 hour ride over there, then have lunch and visit, and ride 3 hours back. So, I opted to stay here at the Mission House instead. I had a ‘Vickie day’. I was trying to decided between calling someone and visiting in town or just staying here and getting some things done. Staying here won out.

We had rented the place for the day for a kid’s retreat. I stayed in my room and could hear them outside, but it didn’t bother me at all. I got used to shutting out noise when I lived in NYC. And hearing children playing and laughing is a nice sound, anyway.

I caught up on my Bible study, took a mid-morning nap, worked on my Newsletter and got it sent out, after updating the distribution list, had tuna wraps for lunch, sent out emails and then had some leftovers for dinner. The kids left before 5pm. The Hulsey’s and Mary got back about 6pm. Mary is in her room watching a movie and I’m having my usual quiet evening in my room. (once the mosquitoes come out at dusk, I retire to my room)

It’s been such a nice day of just me talking with God and letting Him influence my thoughts. I need these types of days often. ☺

There’s been a lot on facebook to pray over lately. The father of one of the spring break team members passed away this morning. The father of a friend of mine is slipping away to Heaven slowly. It’s a hard time for loved ones to say goodbye, but I’m thankful that both families know that their loved one is going to be in Heaven with Jesus and that they are going to see them again!

Also, the Worship Pastor at my home church is in the hospital with what they think is viral meningitis. He’s in awful pain. I pray the doctors can figure it all out and can get him well soon. I pray that God will give him a quick, complete and miraculous healing.

I talked to Deanna tonight. I try to check in every Saturday so that she can report to her ABF class on Sunday mornings. She sounds good. She was glad to hear that I took a Vickie day and I am taking care of myself. She still has the extra dog that her son dropped off. I hope that she can find a home for it soon. It wears her out taking care of it and Deanna doesn’t need that extra physical and mental stress with her health problems. I’m praying that a home comes open soon. It was good to talk to Deanna. She is one of the sweetest ladies that I know and I’m blessed to have her care for me!

I guess I’ll watch my video and get ready for bed. I sure have enjoyed this day. Thank you God for special blessings like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment