Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!! Hahaha
Actually, I have hated my birthday for most of my life, but in the past 5 years or so, I’ve loved celebrating it. Not celebrating Me, but celebrating the Life that God is allowing me to live! He has filled my life with so many blessings. I give Him glory on this day!

I got up and walked and then came back to my room and spent time putting everything back in its place after getting my new bed yesterday. Which I slept very well on, by the way. Then I got ready for the day. I decided to wear a skirt today and it was very comfortable. It’s one of the ones I got at the second had store here in Nica last year and altered. I felt like a lady today.

I worked a little bit on Bible Study and then talked with Lesly about the plans for today’s class at ROSCC church. Then Sherry and Lesly took me to Sosteo for lunch. I had a nacatamal, which is a lot like tamales in other Latin countries. This was the corn masa steamed with pork, onions, peppers and other flavorings inside. It’s cooked by steaming it all wrapped up in a banana leaf. Sherry and I love them. Lesly doesn’t so she had tacos. At the restaurant, we ran into Chico, who was working with a team from another ministry. It was good to see him and he gave me birthday hug. The team was from one of the Carolinas and was nice. They were having their shopping day after 2 weeks of work.

Jeremy and Kelly surprised me this afternoon with a birthday cake decorated “Feliz Cumpleaños Mami Vickie”. How fun! It was so good to hug them! We had some cake (which they had brought on the motorcycle) and visited a little bit.

Lesly and I left for the Bible study at ROSCC church, which is only 2.5 miles down the road. Sherry had told me to just take the VOH car (suv). I was backing up and watching in my side mirrors for trees and backed straight into a tree behind me. I felt so stupid! Few people know how to drive here, since they can’t afford a car. Women are especially scarce as drivers. So I was a novelty at the church when some of the ladies saw that I had driven us.

Alberto, our guard, asked later if I was practicing my driving abilities. I told him that I have been driving for 39 years. He said I need more practice. Hahaha Luckily, the damage was cosmetic to a thing that hangs over the back window. I don’t think it hurt the back door. I sure hope not. Mike was not upset. Sherry had put a huge dent along the side of our previous vehicle (ChinChin the van) last year. I think he’s used to women wrecking the vehicles. I think this was my first ever accident. I can’t remember any others, but then again, I’m a year older today and my memory is slipping!

Anyway, I’ve had a wonderful day. I’ve had about 150 birthday wishes on facebook and email today. How blessed am I? I’m so thankful!

Well, better get ready for bed now. Gotta get up early tomorrow to go on a road trip to beautiful Granada tomorrow. Mike, Sherry, Manuel, Lesly and Jorge are going. Jorge is driving the van for us. It’s nice for them to get to come. It will be like a date! I guess Manuel will be my date! I’m looking forward to getting to spend time in the city and look at all the wonderful buildings. It will be so fun. Even though is 3 hours each way.

Sweet dreams everyone! I know I will have them in my new bed. I’m blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment