Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Monday, March 12, 2012

Good walk in the morning. I have decided to walk into town and not down the highway, since all of our workers are concerned that I will get robbed or mugged or something along the highway by myself. I used to walk into town every morning when I was taking Spanish classes. I walk earlier now, so some of my favorite shops to stop in are not open yet, but it’s still a nice walk.

This morning I went to the corner by the bank to exchange money, but the guy wasn’t out yet. I did hear my name being called and I looked over to find Jonathan there. What a nice surprise! We talked a little bit and he introduced me to his dad, Orlando. He is a very nice guy. Jonathan will be working as a translator for us next week, so I’m excited to talk more with him.

I headed back towards the Mission House and stopped in at the Libreria to buy some folders and pens for the women’s Bible study class. I then stopped at Bazar Jerry and bought some needles for the sewing class. Then it was on to the Mission House for a shower and breakfast.

Sherry, Lesly and I went to a (new to me) market to get Manuel’s school uniform. He’s homeschooled, but he worked hard so he could earn a uniform like the rest of the kids wear if they are lucky enough to go to school. I’m looking forward to going back to the market with Lesly one day just to look around.

After lunch, I worked some on the Bible study notes with Lesly. We’re ready for Friday’s class. I also hemmed Manuel’s uniform pants so he can wear them this week.

When Lesly was ready to leave for the day, about 2:30pm, I grabbed a ride with her and Jorge to Pacheco’s school. I was about an hour early, so I got to sit and talk with his aunt Sonya in Spanish. Salvador dropped in, too, so that was a nice surprise.

I had fun talking with Octavio and Estefani in the English class. They are both sweet and a lot of fun to work with. They are trying very hard to learn English and are doing great!

I grabbed a taxi home and settled in for the night. A really good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment