Saturday, March 3, 2012

Friday, March 2, 2012

Another good day in Nica. I got up early and went for my walk, had cereal, took a shower and then did some Bible Study. Buster was pretty good last night and didn’t bark but a few times. He slept in his cardboard bed outside my door. He was very protective of that bed this morning when Aracelys was sweeping the patio in front of the rooms and she got near his bed. He ran over and started attacking the broom. He wouldn’t quit until she was past his bed and then he just walked away. We were laughing at him and he just looked at us like we were crazy. Funny dog.

Mike, Sherry and Manuel arrived while I was sitting outside doing my Bible study. Lesly, Jorge and Jaasiel arrived shortly after for work. Lesly translates and takes care of household stuff for us and Jaasiel and Jorge teach Manuel his homeschooling lessons. Lydia, Alberto, Juver, Saturnino and Aracelys all were busy working. It was a nice, hot, windy morning.

Lots of stuff goes on around here on a daily basis. We’re getting a Coke machine so we can keep sodas here for us and the workers and the teams. It will be cheaper for us to have the machine than it was to have to keep buying bags of ice to cool drinks down in the freezer and coolers. Since there are no pulperias close by, this will allow the teams to buy drinks to enjoy. (we provide water, tea and tang, but sometimes nothing hits the spot like a soda). Anyway, the Coke rep came by to negotiate this business with us.

We also had some workers here to inspect the AC units, the security light on the west side of the property and the water pressure issue we have currently. Lots of people in and out.

This afternoon, my friends Luis, Angela and Ricardo came to visit from Masaya. Luis has just returned from 23 years in the states, Angela is visiting family and will return to AR later this month. Ricardo lives in Masaya. Luis’ family will move here when school is out in the states. I hope they get to live here in León. We’ll see where God plants them. I did get some pics and posted them on Facebook and tagged Luis’ wife, so they could see the pics, too. Fun!

My bathroom keeps flooding off and on. I’m thankful that it’s clean water, but it can be a rude awakening at 3am when you make that trek half asleep to the bathroom. Saturnino worked on it again today and then it flooded again this afternoon. I’m getting used to it, but I guess it will have to be addressed again come Monday.

I’ve got lots of prep to do for the Women’s Bible studies that will start this week. I’m excited to get started again. I anxious to see how many women attend, especially the first week back.

I got out my Spanish books this afternoon but didn’t get much chance to study. I can tell my language skills are improving, but I can’t help but wish I had studied diligently like I had planned while in the states. Oh well, it will all come to me sooner or later. As long as I’m improving, I can’t complain. I’ll just keep trucking along.

I think I’ll try to go to bed early tonight. I need to get on a good schedule and keep myself accountable. I guess maybe I can get Buster to monitor me. But, being a dog, I don’t think he cares. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment