Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A hot, sunny and very windy/dusty day. A couple of times there was so much dust in the air that you couldn’t see. It covers everything. We keep our stuff covered under towels on the tables, and I’ve got most of the stuff in my room under wraps.
But it’s still ok. I love being here.

I went for a walk this morning down to Pacheco’s school. I was dropping off more VeggieTales movies. The school wasn’t open yet at 7:50am, so I called Juan to see when it would open. He said 8:00am, but he wouldn’t be there personally until 8:30. I told him I would just leave the videos with whoever opened the door. While sitting on the stoop (under an awning for shade) I got covered by lots of dust as traffic went by. One large truck caused a huge wave of dirt and dust to cover me. It was almost funny.

On the way back to the Mission House, I stopped in at the artist’s place a couple of doors down from Pacheco’s. The guy remembered me and introduced his daughter, who was painting some landscapes. She is learning and doing pretty well. He is working on a huge, beautiful landscape that I wish I could afford. His stuff is really nice. We said goodbye and I told him I would stop in often to see his paintings.

I also stopped at the used clothing store to say hi. She was ready to show me lots more ‘new’ items, but I had spent my allowance yesterday. I then stopped in at the Libreria to buy some notebooks and pens for documenting the procedures for the Feeding Centers.

I needed to get some more minutes on my phone, so I stopped in at a small place that I hadn’t been to before. The lady was very friendly. She was having trouble getting my number correct and we laughed about it. I was paying in US money and she only took a $5 bill. I didn’t think that was enough, but she insisted and I said okay. As I was leaving, she ran after me and said that she needed more money. I told her that I thought so and it was okay that she was asking. I think she was afraid that I wouldn’t give it to her. I went ahead and gave more a little more than it cost. She needs the money more than me. I will probably stop in there to get minutes for my phone more often. I like to give the little businesses some help when I can.

I got back to the house and got my shower and had breakfast. I started working on organizing some stuff and then Lesly got here. We talked a little bit and I found out that Sherry and Manuel had planned to go with Mike and German to Managua to pick up Mary today. I ended up having a very nice, tranquil, quiet day here at the Mission House. I got a little work done, washed my sheets and then we had a yummy lunch. (mashed potatoes, meatloaf and corn) Lesly left not long after lunch and I rested for just a short while.

The Hulsey’s and Mary got in mid afternoon and we chatted a little bit. Mary got settled in and I had dinner and a shower and then worked on stuff for the sewing class that starts tomorrow. I watched a VeggieTale movie in Spanish and then listened to some of the Bible recorded in Spanish. I need to keep listening to the language as much as possible. I long for the day when it all makes sense automatically. ☺

I got a message that Deanna was in the hospital going through tests for a possible heart attack. I called her son Bryon to see what was going on. He said they are keeping her overnight and doing some tests, but it didn’t look too serious. She needs to take care of herself. I don’t like being away from her so much, but God wants me here and she has lots of family to take care of her, if they will. Bryon posted a picture of her in the hospital bed with a ton of family all in the room. I’m sure she was ready for some rest. I know Jet will miss her tonight. I’m praying for her to have rest and restoration and renewed strength.

I called my sister, Sandy, tonight. She’s doing pretty well. She and my brother-in-law are taking the grandkids on a 4 day Spring Break trip to TN. This should be interesting!!! I think Sandy will be ready for a ‘break’ when she gets back home! Hahaha

Well, time to settle down for the night. I’m looking forward to the sewing class tomorrow. It will be fun to hang out with the women. God sure blesses me in many wonderful ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment