Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Nice long walk this am. Bible study. Pilates with Sherry. (ouch). No electricity, so showered by flashlight.

Emptied half of my room and decided to have it sprayed for bugs while mostly empty. Check. Bought new bed and mattress. Bed was delivered via horse and cart! Table (bought last fall) revarnished along with new bed. Check. Room mostly put back together. Check. Love, love, love the new bed!!! Slightly higher than the old one, so even more room underneath for storage! Nice firm mattress. I’m such a happy camper!

I think my bed will be my birthday present to myself! My 55th birthday will be tomorrow. Sounds weird. I don’t know how 55 is supposed to feel, but I don’t feel old.

Mike and German had lots of meetings today off an on with some Pastors who want to work with our ministry. It’s nice to know that we have a good reputation here.

There is so much Kingdom work to be done! I pray for discernment for us all so that we will know how and where God is leading us.

I’m so excited to have lots of friends here in Nica. Not just from working with the ministry, but also from helping in the classes at Pacheco’s school. I am truly blessed! I’m having fun talking with them on the phone, emailing and, of course, facebooking!!

Tomorrow will be the first class starting back for Women’s Bible study at Rose of Sharon church. I’ve missed those ladies!

Last night I bought some special minutes for the US that needed to be used by tonight, so I made some phone calls back to Rogers AR and to my family in Indiana. It’s cold in IN and was raining, hailing and sleeting in Rogers today. Nice and sunny and hot and sweaty here!

Tonight I think I’ll get ready for bed early and watch a video and then read a little bit. Buster starting barking and chasing things about 2:30 this morning and I didn’t get much sleep. Add that to the long walk and pilates class and my 54.999999 year old body is tired!

I’m glad that God still finds me useful at any age. I promise to be obedient to His call as long as I draw breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment