Sunday, March 25, 2012

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I’m actually typing this on Sunday, trying to remember what happened on Wednesday! It got so busy with the teams and all, that I didn’t have time to write each night.

Since these 2 teams were near and dear to me (Nate and Whitney from Yukon, and FBCR is my home church) I spent more time interacting with them in the evenings and at down times. Therefore, I didn’t get much typing done. But that’s perfectly fine!

I did remember to call my youngest sister, Pam, and wish her a Happy Birthday!

Let’s see, I went out to Las Quimeras Feeding Center with Ramon. It was hot and dusty as always. I enjoyed hanging out with the ladies and trying to converse. They are so patient with my Spanish and they help me a lot. They also feel free to laugh with me when I mess up. That makes me know that they accept me as a friend and not feel as though they have to be formal with me. I want them to feel friendly with me and it makes me happy when they do so. They will always be respectful of me because I’m North American and also because I’m part of the VOH ministry. But they are learning that I’m a Sister-in-Christ and a friend. I love growing these relationships. God is so good!!

Even though I wear #50 sunblock and stay in the shade as much as possible (like Nicas), I still got a little sunburned. It didn’t hurt though. I was just so tired and drained from being in the hot sun for 5 hours. Of course, since I can’t really use the bathroom comfortably out there, I refrain from drinking too much water. That’s not good for my health, but after getting back to the Mission House and getting rehydrated and resting a little bit, I’m ready for the afternoon.

The team has been working out in the hot sun, too. They had done lots of Fiestas and Street Evangelism. Some of them have been working on construction at a house and also at the Feeding Center at Monte Horeb (Sewer Pond). They are ready for drinks and the pool when they get back to the Mission House every afternoon.

The team actually did all of their work at Monte Horeb (Sewer Pond) today. Then they had the afternoon off and went to town for ice cream and a little bit of shopping. Then we split into 2 groups for church.

1 van went to a church here in town and everyone else went out to Monte Horeb for the inaugural worship service at the church site there. Many of the congregation of Pastor Marvin’s church (ROSCC) was there and the praise team was there to do great music. It was a good service and I was thrilled to be able to attend that precious moment. We have been praying for that moment for a long time. It has been many years of serving and praying and ministering to the people out there. There have been many teams over the years who have helped us minister to the people in that area. I thought of them and how excited they would be to attend. I hope they enjoy the couple of pictures that I got to take.
As the days go by on a ministry week, the teams always get more and more tired. They get quieter and less rambunctious in the evenings. It’s good that we are here for them to be able relax when they want and to swim when they want and to enjoy each other. The hammocks got a good workout this week. We’re so blessed to have this place for the teams to come to. God is so good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment