Saturday, March 3, 2012

Thursday, March 1, 2012

It’s March!!! I’ve only been back in Nica 2 days, but it feels like I never left. I’m getting back into my routine of walking in the mornings, Bible Study, communication, running around town, taking my vitamins on schedule, sewing, etc. I’m a happy camper!!!

Tonight I’m hemming a couple of dresses for Sherry and it’s got me itching to get the sewing machine out! What fun we will have in sewing classes, especially when the team from FBC Rogers gets here with 2 more sewing machines, supplies, fabric and patterns! Mary is bringing another machine and also money to buy 1 or 2 more. The sewing classes are going to be awesome with all the goodies we have coming. I’m super excited to help these women learn to make things for their families and to make things to earn money to feed their families. God is good!!!

I really enjoyed my walk today, but I could sure tell that I’m way out of shape (worse than before). It took me an hour just to walk about 3 miles (although about ½ mile was uphill. Ha) I’m going to get better every day. I remember how good I felt when I was walking 4.5 miles a day. Oh to get back to that goal!!!

Sherry, Lesly and I went shopping a little bit this afternoon. Sherry mostly just wanted to get away from the Mission House for a little while. She found some shorts and a couple of tops. I’m not buying clothes until I lose some weight, but I did get a really cute pair of sandals for church. ☺

We had canalones for lunch today. My favorite! They were sure good! I had some leftover ones cold tonight for dinner. Yum!

Buster is staying here at the Mission House at night because he goes crazy at the Hulsey’s house and attacks the plants in the back yard. We put his bed outside my door and he’s going to be my guard dog tonight. He gets up and runs and barks at imagined threats and then comes back and konks out. I usually go back to sleep when he barks, so I think it will be okay.

I’m re-reading the Chronological Bible again this year. I love seeing what new things that God is revealing to me each time I read His word. I’m also studying and preparing for the Women’s Bible study classes that will start next week. Can’t wait to fellowship, pray, worship and learn with these ladies!!

The internet stayed on all day today and the electric seemed to do likewise. The water pressure is still bad, but the guys are working on that. These quirks of inconvenience are what make living here natural. If I was in the states, I would be frustrated all the time, but here, it’s just natural. Part of the charm I guess.

I’m going to finish up here and watch a video before reading myself to sleep. Another day getting settled in. Looking forward to visiting with friends tomorrow and Saturday. We’ll be hosting Pastor Marvin and his family on Sunday. Then it will be time for a busy week to begin. Ahhhh…. This is the life! Thank You God!

No comments:

Post a Comment