Saturday, March 31, 2012

Friday, March 30, 2012

A busy day today!

Carlos (Alberto’s son and the guy I buy Bibles from) came by early to talk about the Bibles for the women at ROSCC church. It takes months for shipments to come from the US, so I had to settle for a different Bible than what I gave to the ladies at La Quimera church. But they are nice Bibles and the ladies really liked them. We got our numbers all in order and I didn’t think that Carlos was charging me enough. He insisted it was right. After he got back to his store he realized he had figured the cost of the second choice Bible. He came all the way back here to tell me that he had it figured wrong. I think he was afraid that I would be upset and make him give me the Bible at the reduced price. I told him that I thought that it should cost more and that I understood and there was no problem. He was very much relieved.

Mayela, Lesly and I went to Arca de Noe Feeding Center to take pictures of the kids and to get their information so that we can make a sponsorship book. It was so fun to get the pics of the kids. There were 93. Whew! I drove the SUV and instead of telling me that I’m wreckless, they kept saying that I was too careful. We had a lot of laughs about that!

We got back and ate the lunch that was saved for us. Then we rested a little while and got ready to go to the ROSCC Bible Study.

Carlos brought the Bibles for the ladies and I got him paid up. I was so excited to bring the Bibles to the class.

Edwin, a taxi driver that I use a lot, came to get us and drop us off at the church. He carried the Bibles in for us. (he carries our stuff a lot, and that’s part of why I like calling on him) Each lady received her Bible as she came in. I wrote in the front that they were from VOH and the date. They said that they had been praying for the Bibles for a long time and that God is ever Faithful. They absolutely loved the large print! We were all so happy!

Bible study was very good and we had nice participation. I took a picture of the group holding up their Bibles. It was fun.

I got back home and had left-overs with Mary for dinner. Then I came to my room and watched an action movie. It was pretty good. Then it’s bedtime! I’m so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment