Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday, March 3, 2012

It’s been a very nice Saturday. I slept in until 8am and gave myself the morning off from walking. We had very little water pressure, so I just wetted my hair down from the trickle in my sink and dressed. Thankfully, I had a good shower last night!

I was working on my Bible Study when the Hulsey’s arrived. Sherry swam for a little bit and Manuel sang some Justin Bieber songs for me. Mike was busy in the office on the computer.

3 guys were here for about 10 hours today cleaning the airconditioning units in the rooms. We fed them some lunch and gave them mangoes from the trees. I know they were tired when they left!

German ran me on a few errands and I bought a new bookcase for my room. It was delivered this afternoon. I absolutely love it! I also priced a new twin bed with mattress to buy for myself. That way, the ministry can use the bed and mattress that’s in my room currently for the teams. I hope to buy it this next week. Woohoo!

Watermelon is really yummy right now and German stopped at the market at the bus stop up the road and got us some cut into strips. They are in a baggy and you just eat from the top. It was really good.

After lunch, the Hulsey’s headed home for naps and I laid down myself and had my first Nica nap for this trip. It was heavenly. I had the fan blowing on me, but still woke up soaking wet. But those are the best naps, because I’m here!

I got 2 loads of laundry done today. With the water pressure issues, I had to fill the washer from the garden hose attached to the well. We do what we have to do to get the job done! I’m just thankful to have a washer. Most people here don’t. I wouldn’t want to have to rinse everything and then wring it out by hand. I usually hang my clothes out to dry, but it’s so dusty and windy (summertime here, which means no rain for 6 months) that I used the dryer instead. The clothes did turn out much softer. I bought some of those Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets and I like them pretty well. They are detergent, fabric softener and dryer sheet all in one. Very handy and much easier on the clothes than the laundry soap down here. I think I will be using those from now on. I’ll have to have teams bring me some this summer.

I’m preparing the lessons for the Women’s Bible studies that start this next week. I’m going to use the study being used at FBC Rogers right now. The Call to Follow Christ. I’m excited to share it with the women. I have to figure out how much we can cover in 1 hour with translating and such. I’m making handouts and giving them homework assignments. It’s going to be fun for them and for me.

The teams from FBC Rogers AR and FBC Yukon OK get here in 2 weeks! It’s gonna be great. I’m ready for them to come and fall in love with the Nica people. Some of the Rogers team have been here before. I anxious for them to come to the new Mission House. I think they will love it.

I called Deanna this evening. The call dropped so I had to go out under the rancho so we could talk. It was good chatting with her. I told her I would try to call every Saturday evening so she could report to her friends on Sunday mornings. She doesn’t have internet or access to facebook or my blog, so good ole phone calling will work just fine.

Well, I think I’ll get ready for bed and watch a video before reading and sleeping. It’s been a great day. I’ve enjoyed what God has shown me in both Bible studies and what He has allowed me to experience for the day. He always knows just what I need!

¡Bendiciones!

No comments:

Post a Comment