Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday, March 19, 2012

The day started early and I left at 7:30am with Pastor Marvin’s Dad to go to the Feeding Center at Las Quimeras.

The team had breakfast and got ready to leave at 8am for their ministry assignments, which were 2 Fiestas and 1 Construction session. They all got back and had lunch and then headed back out shortly after I returned at 1pm. They are having a blast. They went back out to do another Fiesta and more construction work.

I enjoyed working with the women at Las Quimeras Feeding Center. A few of the women I had not met before and a few I knew from Bible Study and Sewing Class. They wouldn’t let me do anything but sit in a chair and talk with them. I enjoyed the time with them. We don’t have a translator to go with me, so we get along with my limited Spanish. It’s entertaining sometimes.

I just love the little kids who come to the Feeding Center there. They are so sweet and I just want to grab them and hug them and bathe them and give them clothes that fit and make them happy. One girl had a dress on that was once a nice party dress. Now it is in tatters, but she wears it with pride. Her too big flip flops were from 2 different pairs and she didn’t care at all because they were hers and she cold walk without hurting her bare feet.

We laughed about some chickens that came around looking for dropped morsels to eat. I said they are food for the rest of the week and we named them Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The ladies thought that was very funny.

Some of the kids didn’t have a glass to carry their drink in. We tried finding some plastic bags. I drank down my water quickly so they could use the empty bottles for the kids. I’m taking more empty bottles with me tomorrow.

There are some items needed for the Feeding Center, so I’m taking them tomorrow. We’ll have to stop at Maxi Palí store in the morning for some of the items.

Cathy Krupka is going with me tomorrow to the Feeding Center. She knows a little Spanish and we will have talking with the ladies. I don’t know who is working tomorrow, but it will be fun to be with them. The ladies have a 5 day rotation of workers, so they only have to work 1 time a week. It’s a good set up.

Pastor Marvin’s Dad (I think his name is Ramond, but I’m not sure), drives very slowly. Everything passes us on the road, including the buses and the semi-trucks. The only thing that didn’t pass us today was a bicycle, and that was neck and neck for a while. Although he drives slowly, that doesn’t mean that he drives safely. I was a little worried a few times for our safety. I just kept praying. I shouldn’t say much, since I backed into a tree last week, but he does make me a little bit nervous!
Tonight we had a presentation by the Youth of a Baptist Church here in town. They came to the Mission House and it was very nice. They did an excellent job. It lasted over 2 hours, which we weren’t expecting, but it was fun. Then we had the Tall Lady (Nica folk presentation) after we grabbed a quick bite of dinner.

The team had some time in the pool and to relax during the late afternoon and I think everyone enjoyed their day very much.

I’m still trying to put things away from the tubs that the team brought down, but I’m very thankful to have the stuff here. Mostly it’s sewing and craft stuff. It will come in so handy for the ladies’ classes.

I’m very tired right now and I’m going to hit the sack. No videos before bed for me this week. Plenty of sharing with the teams and having fun.

God has blessed us with a lot of good work today and the fruit of 138 salvations from the Fiestas and street witnessing. We’re so blessed to be able to do His work. Truly blessed indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment