Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A wonderful day for a walk. I went into to town to exchange money and to buy minutes for my phone. The guy wasn’t at the bank corner yet, so I decided to walk on to Parque Central and change money there. I went on over to the parque and visited my favorite vendor in the square. I found a couple of gifts for people back in the states and she gave me my usual discount. She’s so nice.

I then stopped in at the House of the Bible and bought a few items to use for VBS and other kids’ activities. Then I strolled past a bakery that Jeremy and Kelly live near, but it wasn’t open yet.

I stopped in at my favorite used clothing store and got some items for other people here. I never made it to get phone minutes and I also spent every córdaba that I had exchanged earlier. How funny!

I was almost home when Sherry called my cell phone to ask if I was still going to do pilates with her this morning. We have been doing it on Tues and Thurs. Since I had been walking for 2 hours, I told her I would skip. It really hurts my spine when I do it. I think I should wait until I lose more weight and get more toned before I start rolling around on my backbone. I’ll stick to walking and aerobics for now.

Anyway, I got my shower and started some laundry and ate some of my favorite cereal for breakfast. Manuel and I played pretend games for a little bit. He loves playing with Julie, my teddy bear from Pastor Marvin and Ingrid. It’s a reward for him for being good.

I worked a little more on getting ready for Women’s Bible studies and also met with Mike, German, Sherry and Pastor Marvin about overseeing the Feeding Center at Las Quimeras for the next 2 weeks. I will go out there Mon-Fri about 9am-1pm to help organize everything, make sure the workers get trained and to document the procedures for other people to learn to help. It will be fun.

I won’t be working with the team this next week, except for going to church and maybe a few afternoon excursions when I’m not teaching. But I will get to be with them for breakfast and dinner and the evenings. That will be fun. I’m so excited for them to get here!

I was going to Pacheco’s school again this afternoon, but Lesly left fairly early and I didn’t want to leave until about 3:30pm. So Mike said he would take me. When I started to the car with my bag, I told Alberto that I would be back about 6-6:30pm. Saturnino asked if I was driving and I said no. He said that is good. Alberto then asked if I was driving and I said no, Mike is. He felt better about it. Even though I know that part of their impressing is that women shouldn’t drive (and neither of them do), I don’t think I will ever live down backing into the tree. Jorge teases me about trees all the time when I ride with him in his taxi. Oh well…
I got home and had some great leftovers and even heated them up! I exercised, got a shower and then did some mending while watching a VeggieTales movie. As soon as I post this I’m going to watch a video and get ready to ready myself to sleep for the night. I sure sleep well on my new bed. I’m very blessed!

Mary arrives tomorrow. She should be here about 4pm. It’s the same flight into Managua that I had. Even though you have to get up really early to start the travel day, it’s nice to get here in enough time to relax and unpack and have some time to get settled before jumping into bed. Getting here at 11pm isn’t all that much fun. I know she is glad to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment