Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday, March 5, 2012

Another beautiful day. All it has to do is be sunny and I’m in! I even like winter when the sun is shining! It was hot, of course, but the wind was back and we were thankful for the breeze. Yesterday was very stifling.

I went for my morning walk and then ate and showered. I spent the majority of the day on the computer sitting under the rancho. I worked on some communication and then a few hours on the Women’s Bible study prep. I’m excited about the study starting back up.

Manuel, Melissa & Nestor (Lydia’s kids) and Kenneth (Coco’s son) all played on the trampoline, played baseball and then swam most of the morning. After lunch, Melissa and Nestor leave for school. Manuel has school here at the Mission House with some tutors. Sherry worked on some house details and then got in the pool for an hour or so. I can’t take the sun like that, so I just sit in the shade at the table on my computer and talk with her in the pool.

There’s not really much to report on today. We’re all busy just taking care of our regular business. We’re getting the house ready for the teams coming on the 17th. Mike and German are working out the details of the schedule for that week and purchasing supplies. I’m working on the Women’s Ministry stuff. Sherry is getting the house details under control. Lesly is handling receipts, records, inventories, etc. Alberto, Saturnino and Juver are trying to figure out the best way to handle the low water pressure and the need to keep the grass growing (in these 6 months of no rain). Always something to be done. It’s great.

There is a field along my walking route (down the little highway a bit) that has some interesting irrigation equipment. I may have mentioned it before. The stakes in the ground (all lined up and spaced evenly, well, sort of) with 2 liter plastic bottles tied upside down on each stake. The lids are loose enough to let the water dribble out onto the ground. Today, I saw some men walking through the field with buckets adding water to the bottles. It’s a hot job out in that sun. They work very hard here!

One of the mango trees is near the pool and one of the falling mangoes fell into the water and sank. Sherry asked Manuel to dive in and retrieve it. He was proud to do so. He stayed on ‘mango patrol’ for a while, then told his mom to just call him when another fell into the pool in the future. He’s our hero!

I’m going to finish up here on the computer and then watch a video. I’ve done my evening exercises and took my shower. I’m trying to get into a good routine. I still stay up too late reading. I need someone to make me accountable!

Tomorrow after my walk, Sherry and I will start Pilates on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We’re trying to talk Lesly into joining us. She’s a little shy. I also brought down some workout videos with Christian music. I haven’t watched them yet, but I hope they are good. I really need to get healthy and strong. I seem to be more determined down here. I guess there are less creature comforts to distract me.

Another day to be thankful to the Father for His provision and His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment