Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 NICARAGUA

Man, was I tired today!! I was so excited to have the internet usb connection last night and to get to download some stuff, that I was jumping up all night when I would wake up to roll over in bed. I would check to see that the downloads were still going. I know I will sleep very well tonight!

Hopefully, the wireless, ‘stronger’ internet will finally get installed this week. They keep saying ‘tomorrow’, but that started over 2 weeks ago. I’m thankful for what we have and will be even more grateful for the better one!

Spanish class was good this morning, but I could tell I wasn’t thinking at 100% due to being tired and also being pre-occupied with conversations that I was having during the morning with FBCRogers. I always hate having to deal with support and stuff. I just want to serve and forget the worldly stuff. Fortunately, living as a missionary is pretty much at the bottom of the material world, so there’s not a lot to handle. Just praying for God to show me how He wants me to involve people in the ministry by giving them the opportunity to help.

Juan was pre-occupied with some stuff, too, but we had a good class anyway. He said that he can tell a difference every day in my usage of all those silly verb tenses. ☺

Juan said that Jonathan and Salvador, the guys in the English class I help with, have job interviews in Managua using their English skills. I hope they get the jobs, if it’s God’s will, but I will miss them!

I walked to and from class today, which made me even more tired, but it felt good to get the exercise. I had lunch and then sat a visited a little bit with Mary, Sherry, Joceline and Leslie.

We prepared everything for the Sewing class and had a great time with those 10 ladies. They learned how to make little drawstring bags by sewing them by hand. Oscar was here to video a little bit of the class for our VOH ministry video. Mary was taken by surprised and a little worried about what she looked like, but we all look like we’ve been busy and could use some freshening up most of the time. No worries.

After the ladies left, Mike and German returned from Managua. The Hulsey’s took Joceline home with them to babysit Manuel tonight so they could have a date night. Mary and I had tuna for dinner and then went to our rooms. I had a ton of correspondence to take care of and Mary watched part of a movie on Manuel’s computer. Joceline came home and got all tucked into her room. Alberto had me catch Buster for him so he could tuck Buster into bed for the night.

Mike said that internet has been a problem all over Nicaragua today, but I got on it this evening on my computer. It was good to get some correspondence done about ministry opps for December and for the coming year.

I watched 2 episodes of Army Wives on my computer and now am ready for bed. I’m so thankful for all of God’s blessings. And tonight I’m especially thankful for the blessing of rest! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment