Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 NICARAGUA

The last day of November. Hard to believe. Day follows day and week follows week and it’s the same weather, hot and sunny. Time goes by so fast.

This morning I awoke at 5am and did some personal Bible study and some work on the computer since I still had the usb connection. Then I had breakfast, showered and prepared for class.

I walked to class this morning and of course, beat Juan there. But we made up the lost time by staying over. As I was walking by the Bazar Jerry, I looked over and one of the clerks recognized me and greeted me. I may try to stop in and buy some thread or ribbon or something from them. I like to keep in touch.

I did stop in at Mundo Escolar Librería, my favorite little bookstore, and bought some dry erase markers and a new eraser for Juan. It was nice to see Yerling.

Class was good and we talked about a lot of things. I speak much slower when I’m trying to figure out the right ending for the verb tenses, but it’s getting better. Juan is always so proud of me when I get it right. I’m realizing that I’ve covered a lot of ground these past 5-6 weeks, but I still see so much more that I need to learn. I’m hard on myself. I’m thankful for this time of study. What a blessing.

My niece emailed me the notice of their engagement in the newspaper. She said the wedding plans are coming along nicely. It will be February before I know it.

I still don’t have data capability on my US phone, but they say it’s a glitch with the Nica company. I think I may just cancel the international data plan when we finally get wireless internet here at the house. They keep saying ‘tomorrow’. Maybe they are related to Scarlett O’Hara. ☺

Juan’s school is in town and, like most homes and businesses, is open to the ‘fresh’ air. There was some road work going on along his block. The dust got so bad that you couldn’t see across the street. When I packed up my books to go home, there was a thick layer of dust on them. This is not a place for dirt-a-phobics. The dust will just get worse and worse as the dry season goes on for the next 5-6 months. But it’s better the perpetual rain and mud.

I was walking home from class and saw the van with German, Mike, Sherry and Leslie. They picked me up and we came back to the Mission House for lunch. Then I laid down and read for a little bit until I fell asleep for a short nap. It sure felt good. Leslie had left with Sherry and Mike, so when the taxi came to pick Mary and I up for the Women’s Bible study at Las Quimeras, we swung by to pick up Leslie on the way.

We had a good class this afternoon, although the attendance was down to 9 this week. Many people are on ‘vacation’ now since the schools are out until February, and people travel to visit family during December. I wonder if our numbers will be down the rest of the month, too. But we had a good discussion about Mary. Next Wednesday is actually the celebration for the Day of Mary, where she is worshipped. It’s a big deal. We are learning that the Bible describes Mary as a humble, simple young woman whose ‘blessedness’ comes from God using her for His plan. It will be an interesting month of studying.

We got home and had some dinner. I opted for chicken noodle soup and crackers. I’ve been really thirsty today and have drank about a gallon of water since I got home. But I guess that’s good.

I worked on some Women’s Bible study stuff, some Spanish grammar charts and now the blog. I don’t have any internet capability at all tonight, so I’m going to relax and watch another episode of Army Wives on my computer. I’ll start back with my sewing marathons this weekend, but for tonight, it’s going to be relaxation time!!

I found out that a faithful supporter of VOH is going to send some money from his church to help buy Christmas stuff for the kids at the Las Quimeras new Sunday School. What a blessing!! I’m going to donate some money for Christmas presents for the kids at the VOH Children’s Home in Honduras. There are 6 kids there that Sherry and Mike (and VOH) support. It will be a privilege to help fulfill the kid’s Christmas blessings.

Well, time for relaxing. Loving my life. Even the tired moments. God is good. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment