Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday, December 26, 2011 NICARAGUA

When I booked my plane tickets back in August for my trip to Nica from Sept 30 to Dec 27, the date to leave Nica seemed very far away. Now it’s just hours away. In fact, I’ll be getting up at 3am to be on the road to the airport by 4am. Not long from this moment.

I’ve stayed in Nica for various times since I’ve started coming here; sometimes 1 week, then 5 weeks, then 7 weeks, 3 weeks, 8 weeks and now 12 weeks. I have to say that staying longer doesn’t feel longer at all. In fact, it feels so natural to be here that time doesn’t feel the same.

I’m so sure of God’s call for me to live and serve here in Nica at this time in my life, that I’m very peaceful and content, no matter what the circumstances are. God is always faithful and is always there looking out for me, no matter how hard life can be. Those are the times that I draw closer to Him, and for that reason I am thankful.

Since I’m not taking much back to the US besides some books and souvenirs, I don’t have much to pack. I’ll carry my laptop and Kindle and camera back and forth as usual, but everything else stays here. I don’t even have to pack up my room. I just lock it up and come back in Feb and start living here again. Sweet!

I got up this morning and headed out to visit Jeremy and Kelly at their house. They have a little store in the front room of their place and I bought some earrings. We had a nice visit and looked at pictures and spoke mostly in Spanish. How fun for me! Kelly is learning English and Jeremy is one of our translators, so we had lots of laughs together. Jeremy wanted to give me a ride home on his motorcycle, but I opted to keep walking.

After leaving Jeremy’s house, I walked downtown to one of my favorite shops, Plaza del Carmen. I picked up a couple more gifts for the folks back home and then walked back towards the Mission House. I stopped in at Pacheco’s school and visited with Juan for a while. It was nice to just sit and talk. He has been such a good friend and great teacher for me these past months. I truly appreciate him.

I caught a taxi back to the house and visited with Lesly and Jaasiel and Beth until lunch time. Lydia made a yummy lunch for us and then Lesly, Jaasiel and I left in Jorge’s taxi. We dropped Lesly off near her home and Lesly and I continued to her house, where we spent an hour or so visiting. I love being welcomed into my friends homes. Jorge picked us up and dropped me off at the Mission House about 3:30pm.

Beth got back to the house right after I did and we called German to pick us up at 4pm to visit his family at their house. I hadn’t gotten to see the drop ceiling that they had put in lately, so I was anxious to see it. We had a good visit and I love their house more and more as they add on. I’m so proud and thankful for them. They deserve the house and are building it as they get the money. It’s a labor of love and it’s filled with love.

German brought us back to the Mission House and I retired to my room while Beth left with Chico to visit with his family for a while.

I’m all ready to leave in the morning. I just need to make myself go to sleep early. We’ll see…

I’m not anxious or bothered about leaving this time, because I know it’s just a visit to the states and I’ll be back ‘home’ here in Nica in 7 weeks.

I praise God for all that He has allowed to happen through the ministry these past 3 months. I can’t wait to see what He is going to do in the future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment