Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 NICARAGUA

It’s been a good day. I slept better last night than I have for about a week. Hope that trend continues!

Megan went with me this morning to Spanish class. We left a little early so we could walk and stop in at the little stores that I frequent on the way. It was fun. She liked Juan and we had fun in class. She was impressed with how much he has taught me these 2 months. He’s a good teacher. I just wish that it all made more sense to me than it does right now, but I know it will soon. I just need to have patience and keep practicing!! Megan is speaking Spanish to me most of the time and that helps a lot.

We had meatloaf and mashed potatoes for lunch. It was good. We all kind of hung out and visited a little this afternoon. We made some plans for the ministry, but mostly chatted. It was nice.

I spoke with Brian Sander at FBC Rogers today about the team he’s bringing down in March. It will be a good team and I can’t wait for spring break to get here! We’re going to plan at least one training meeting for the team while I’m in Rogers in January. Can’t wait to get them acquainted with the ministry and praying about what God is going to accomplish through them.

Because of all of the traffic and craziness of the Day of Mary celebration tonight, we decided not to have the Women’s Bible study at Las Quimeras. It felt funny to have the afternoon off.

A youth group from a local church is having an overnight retreat here this evening, so it’s been interesting to have commotion going on outside. But it’s nice to hear them having fun.

Since tomorrow is a holiday, everyone has the day off (except the guard). The Hulsey’s, Mary and Manuel are going to Managua to pick up Talon, an intern coming from El Dorado AR. Megan and I are going to go help paint at Oscar’s church. Joceline is deciding what she wants to do, but I think she may end up going with Oscar and us to paint. Tomorrow late afternoon, we may swim a little bit. Depending on if the group leaves at 4pm like they are scheduled. I’m betting they won’t actually get out of here until more like 6pm, but we’ll see.

I spent this evening in my room sewing on Bible bags. I’m making good headway. Mary sewed straps together for about half of the bags. That is a help.

I watched a movie on my computer. We can buy movies here for $1. I had it playing while I was pinning the pieces to be sewn. I enjoyed it.

I got on facebook for a little while and now I’m ready to head to bed to read and go to sleep. We are leaving at 8am in the morning to paint, so I want to get some good sleep.

I’m thankful for all the blessings of today. No matter how hard or uncomfortable life can be down here, it’s exactly where God wants me and I’m so thankful to be here

No comments:

Post a Comment