Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thursday, December 8, 2011 NICARAGUA

It’s a holiday here in Nica. The Day of Mary. Last night was a huge celebration all over the country. We stayed safely at home. Today, town was pretty quiet while everyone stayed home to recover.

The Youth, who had a retreat here overnight, got up and started swimming at 5:30am. So much for sleeping in. I got up about 6:30am and started sewing.

The Hulsey’s and Mary went to Managua with German to pick up Talon, an intern from El Dorado AR. Megan and Joceline went with Oscar to paint at his church. I wanted to go and paint also, but decided that I needed to spend the time sewing instead.

After the painting excursion ended, Megan and Joceline picked me up in a taxi and we went by to get Oscar and his son Axel to go to lunch. We ate at a Chinese restaurant, which was pretty good for Nica. Then we walked around the park and looked around inside the Cathedral. Then we caught one of the few taxis running today and dropped Oscar off at a meeting and we came to the Mission House.

When we got here, everyone was back from Managua and was cleaning up after the group left. With everyone pitching in, it didn’t take too long. Then pizzas were ordered for dinner and I had a can of tuna.

I came on to my room to sew some more. I put in another $1 movie and sewed quite a bit. Then I watched the remainder of episodes for season 4 of Army Wives. It’s late now and I’m ready to go to bed.

I’ll get up early tomorrow and sew like a crazy woman again. But I feel good about the progress that was made today.

Talon brought me a care package from Haley and I appreciate all the goodies!! She’s such a sweet girl! She sent me some vitamins that I was running out of, some crossword puzzle books, trail mix and cashews and some earrings. She sent Mary some ritz peanutbutter crackers. Yum for all of us!

Signing off now. I can’t believe how quickly time is passing by. I’m starting to get in my reflective mood that always comes a few weeks before leaving Nica. I’m cherishing every minute of ministry and relationships here. I’m so thankful for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment