Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Monday, December 5, 2011 NICARAGUA

I’m writing this at 6pm today instead of my usual evening timeframe. I’m waiting on German to get here to pick me up so we can drive to Managua to pick up Megan Bryant from FBC Rogers, who is going to serve with us this month. So far, so good. I think we have the right day and everything!! LOL

I didn’t sleep well at all last night and woke up at 5:13am feeling crappy. I laid down for a little while, but didn’t feel much better. I did do some personal Bible study and got showered and dressed for Spanish class.

I went ahead and walked to class, albeit, slowly. I was a little late, but Juan is never there on time, so it didn’t matter.

We had a good class. Discussed some good stuff and I used my verbs in all different tenses. We can’t wait to get those Spanish books that Megan is bringing to me. Juan said we are going to hit those verb books hard and heavy this week and next, because they are my last weeks for class. Juan gave me the words to some of the songs that we sing in churches here. I was wanting to get them, but kept forgetting to ask my 2 musical sons, Jeremy and Joe, to give them to me. It was a nice blessing to get them today.

I walked home and we had quesadillas for lunch, with rice, beans and salad. Yum! The electricity had been out since about 10am, so everyone was sitting out under the rancho doing their own thing. I was planning on sewing a lot, but couldn’t, so I worked on my notes for the Women’s Bible study this week. I laid on my bed for a short while with my battery-powered fan and rested. Then I took some pieces of sewing out to rancho and pinned a bunch of stuff, getting it ready for sewing later in the week.

Sherry made us quesadillas with the left overs for dinner and they were still very good. I had some pudding and some almonds, so I’m ready for my road trip now.

I have a full week planned and I know it will go by very quickly. There is excitement in the city because of the holidays. The Day of Mary is Thursday, and festivities start on Wednesday night. It will be crazy getting around. We may not have the Wednesday Women’s Bible study at Las Quimeras. We’ll decide for sure tomorrow. I hate to miss a week, but if it’s not good timing, we could save about $15 on the taxi that day and I could also get some sewing on the Bible bags done that afternoon. We’ll see…

Better get off of here for now. German will be pulling up soon. We’re taking Chinchin, our little van to Managua. It’s been a little sick lately, so I’m praying that it makes it okay. It would be a long walk, late at night if it breaks down! But it gets the best gas mileage. We’ll just pray extra hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment