Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday, December 11, 2011 NICARAGUA

Let’s see, what has happened today…

I woke up hearing the birthday party people taking down the decorations from yesterday and moving tables and chairs around. I got up prepared for church. The Hulsey’s came to pick us up about 10:15 and we got to ROSCC church about 10:30. Surprise! No services there this morning! It was too late to get to any other church without being very late, so we came back to the Mission House. Alberto gave us a strange look and the people cleaning up after the party wondered who we were and what we were doing. Haha

I started some laundry and sewed some more Bible bags. Sherry heated up some left overs from the Christmas dinner and we had lunch. Coco and her kids and nieces and nephews over at 2pm for a nice afternoon swim. They had a blast. I didn’t get a nap today, but it was a very pleasant day.

I got the chance to talk with Mike and Sherry a little bit about the future of the ministry and then later Mike and I got a chance to talk more about strategy. It was nice to have time to sit and talk and not be rushed.

Danilo came to get ChinChin (van) to drive to the border to pick up Mary and Megan after their overnight trip to Honduras. They said the kids there were doing pretty good. Mary took them to eat at Wendy’s (very expensive) and to a store to pick out their own Christmas presents. They had a blast. Mary and Megan got back to the house about 6pm. They were ready for a shower and relaxation. But they had a great trip.

I fixed a baked potato with cream of mushroom sauce on it for my dinner. I enjoyed it. I’m enjoying the cashews and trail mix that sweet Haley sent to me. And I’m enjoying my vitamins that she sent with Talon. I didn’t pack enough vitamins on this trip, so it’s great to have these.

I’ve still got some Bible bags to finish, but they are at the end stage and I’m not feeling stressed about it. I have some other things to be sewing this week, too. Then the team will be here and it will be busy. I better get my stuff done before Saturday!

I got a facebook message from John Caubble this morning. It’s funny that I was thinking about them and planning to send them a message today. God connected our minds, I guess.

I came to my room about 6:30 and started studying Spanish verb tenses while listening to Spanish Christmas songs. When I got frustrated with the verbs, I switched to Bible study and that did the trick to soothe my mind!

Right now I’m very relaxed and content. I know that tomorrow will be an intense class for Spanish and I’m ready for it. This will be my last week of classes until Feb, so I know we will push hard. I’m praying for a clear mind and a steel trap memory!

I only saw one spider in my room today. I blasted him with the lethal bug spray. At least it was more of a ‘wood’ spider and not the hairy black kind.

I guess I’ll go to bed now. I’m looking forward to tomorrow and the fresh week. Time is sure going by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment