Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year everyone!!
I'm trying to stay up until midnight and it's only 30 minutes away. I was going to the Cuerpo Vivo dinner and service tonight, but woke up from my afternoon nap feeling yucky, so I opted to stay home. I'm hoping it's just a cold or sinus infection and not a flu. Probably the switch in temperature from Nica to here. Although, everyone has been raving about the warm weather this week. :)

I slept well last night and got up to work on my Bible Study. I read the last entry for 2011 and have made it completely through the Bible this year. I'm so thankful to the Women's Ministry at FBC Rogers for having the Chronological Bible study this year. I was out of the country about half of the year, but when I was in AR I got to attend and loved the lecture time with Lisa and all the ladies and then the small group time with Cathy. I'm still working on the commentary that goes with the study, but will finish it tomorrow. I'll start reading the Bible through again in the morning. I'm hooked and can't wait to see what new things God will show me as I read His Word again.

Cora and JD, Deanna's grandkids spent the night tonight. Cora and I made some fudge for Deanna. Other than that, and a load of laundry, I've had a pretty quiet day.

I'm so thankful for the blessings and challenges of 2011. Even the tough times are valuable because they lead me closer to the Father.

My deepest desire is to serve Him better this coming year. There is so much that He is allowing me to do in my life and I'm very humbled and blessed. I don't want to let Him down. I want to cherish each moment He allows. And I want to share Him with everyone. I pray that all those who don't know Him yet will find a relationship with Him this next year. I pray He finds me faithful. He is my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment