Sunday, December 11, 2011

Saturday, December 10, 2011 NICARAGUA

Woke up to the sounds of people arranging tables and chairs for 300 and decorating for the Quinceaños (birthday party) that will be held here tonight. Mary and Megan left about 7am for Honduras to visit the VOH Children’s Home that raises 6 children. They will be back tomorrow night. Long trip for an overnight, but they will be very blessed. The kids will love getting some Christmas blessings and seeing Mary and meeting Megan. I’m so glad that they got to go.

Talon, Josselin and I got ready and walked to Pacheco’s English school to chat with the Saturday class. On the way there, Talon and Josselin were practicing their English/Spanish words. They are learning each other’s language. It was a fun walk.

I got to take a picture of the ‘viejos’, the sort of scarecrow old men that are made to celebrate the new year. I think it’s kind of like saying goodbye to the ‘old’ and welcoming the ‘new’. On New Year’s Eve, the viejos are burned and/or blown up with firecrackers in the streets. I was wanting to get some pictures of these guys and there is a place that makes them up to sell.

I also took a picture of Mundal Escolar Librería where I buy my notebooks and pens and such. I was getting ready to take a picture of my favorite second-hand clothing store when I heard someone calling to me. It was the owner getting ready to get into a taxi. She greeted me and I told her I was taking a picture of her store/house. What a nice surprise to see her. I also got a picture of the ‘studio’ of the artist whose paintings I like. I still need to grab a pic of Bazar Jerry, where I buy sewing notions and ribbons and stuff.

I’m starting to feel the pull of my departure date in a few weeks. I need to get some pics and info put together to share in reports to my supporters, churches and also the Homeschool group that I will share with at the end of January.

Anyway, when we got to the English school, Juan’s wife Ana told me that Juan could not be there and that the regular teacher could not be there. So they asked if I could lead the class, at least for a couple of hours. No problem. Talon and I talked with them and asked questions and answered questions. Oscar videoed a little of the conversations. It was a fun time. We were allowed to finish early and we got pics with the class. There were some great questions, including some God questions. Some good seeds planted. I hope I can go back there next Sat.

Josselin had left with Oscar and would meet up with us downtown. Talon and I walked to the park and on the way we stopped in to see Linda at the House of Bible. I thought Talon would like to see the Bible store. Linda took my phone number because German told her I would be the person in charge of buying Bibles. I do want to get some Bible story posters for the Sunday School classes that have started at ROSCC and Las Quimeras. I like to get the Bibles for the Women’s Bible study groups from the other House of the Bible where Carlos works. But I always love to stop in at the Bible store.

We met up with Oscar and took possession of Josselin. ☺ The three of us headed over to Tip Top Chicken and had lunch. Then we took a taxi home and rested in our rooms for the afternoon. I sewed and got on the computer a little bit.

There were many tables and chairs all over the place and we had to ask to have one moved a little so I could get to my door. The decorating for the party took all day and the crew worked very hard. It was beautiful. I got some pics of it about half way done.

We each went to our rooms and rested or whatever we wanted to do. Mike called about 4:30 and said that they would come to pick us up for dinner a little after 5pm. I let the others know and we waited outside the gate. The guests were arriving for the party, so we walked down the street a little bit and met the van. We went to Suyapa for dinner and it was delicious. Talon had not gotten to eat there on his trip last year. He loved being outside and watching the sunset from our table. He went and took some pics. The food was good. I had grilled shrimp for a change and it was yummy.

We got back home about 7:30 and the party was in full swing. So beautiful. Like a wedding. The live band was awesome and played many Christian songs that I have on my Spanish Praise cds. Josselin came to my room to hang out and we sang along. I was on the computer a little bit and then let her use it for facebook. I worked on the Bible bags a little more. Then it was time to retire, so I watched a movie and stayed up way too late. But it was a great evening.

The party ended promptly at 9pm and all the guests left. The decorators started taking down their stuff and worked until very late in the night. They have a big job ahead of them. They worked very hard. I hope they got paid a lot of money. ☺

It’s been a very blessed day. I’m thankful for every minute here.

No comments:

Post a Comment