Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday, December 22, 2011 NICARAGUA

So, it’s December 22. We’ve been wrapped up in the team this week. They leave in the morning so that they can be home or Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Right now they are having a party under the rancho with chocolate cake (in honor of a birthday) and potted meat with crackers (which some of them brought with them from AR). What a combo!

Everyone leaves in the morning except me and Beth. The Hulsey’s, Mary, Megan and Talon will be leaving with the team. It will be pretty quiet around here for the few days that Beth and I are still here. I’m looking forward to a reflective Christmas.

Today, the team finished up the last of 12 Fiestas, 4 VBS and 4 days of construction (they finished 3 days of English Club yesterday). They also helped with 2 Feedings this week and gave out some gifts at the Sewer Pond neighborhood. They visited 8 churches. They went downtown for a while this afternoon and bought fireworks to set off after dinner tonight. (this team likes fireworks) It’s been a good week and everyone is tired, but happy.

There have been 992 salvations this week and thousands of people have had the chance to hear the Gospel. To God be the Glory!!!

I spent this evening in my room catching up on some work on the internet, since I finally got the chance to use the internet card. (still don’t have the wireless going yet, will probably happen the day after I leave) I’ve got my mind in ‘business’ mode now and am ready to jump in with both feet to get some things accomplished in the next month.

I also sewed some pajama pants for Leslie’s little boy, Bruno. I had to do it without a pattern, but I think they will work okay. Children’s clothing patterns will be on my list of things to bring down in Feb. (among many other things)

I studied some on my Spanish lessons, too. I need to keep going strong on those studies. I want to surprise my friends in Rogers and to make Juan proud when I get back here.

I’m ready various books on my Kindle and have a backlog of books that I want to get to. There will be some good reading time over the next few days.

I will also visit with Joe and Marcela, Jeremy and Kelly and Leslie and her family over the next couple of days.

So much to be done, so much I want to do. We can’t take even one minute for granted. Time is precious and we should be thankful for each second. We are so spoiled and forget about that a lot. I’m very thankful for all that God allows to enter my life.

And I’m so thankful for Christmas, the time to remember the best gift of all. How can you not be thankful for Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment