Sunday, December 25, 2011

Friday, December 24, 2011 NICARAGUA

Christmas Eve. I had multiple offers to go and do things today, but I opted to stay at the Mission House and do laundry (team sheets and towels and donated clothes), nap, study, read, swim, and just chill.

Beth went with the Speigels (missionaries from her home church) to give out Christmas gifts here in León. I thought it would be fun to go, but really needed a quiet day.

Joe and Marcela came over for a little bit after evening church. They invited me to go to Joe’s family’s house for Christmas Eve dinner like last year, but it was already 8:30pm and I was ready to relax for the evening. It was wonderful to see them. I hadn’t gotten the chance to spend much time with them this trip. Just a quick chat when we ran into each other at the park one day and then a few phone calls. We’re are definitely going to get together more when I come back in February.

While they were still here, Beth arrived home with Chico and his son Benjamin in tow. Elieth, Chico’s wife joined us a few minutes later, after visiting with some family at the park. It was wonderful to see them, too. Chico was the first ‘son’ that I adopted here in Nica. We don’t work with him as much as we did the first year that I came down, since he’s very busy, but it’s been great to spend some time with them now.

Beth had went to church at Todopoderoso (Jeremy’s church) and said that Jeremy and Kelly and some others had asked about me. I was very tired and wanted to stay home and I have such a terrible time hearing in large places, especially with a lot of talking and loud music. I was also waiting on Joe, so I opted to stay at the Mission House. Jeremy sent me a fb message telling me to come to the dinner tomorrow night. I replied and explained my reasons for not coming. But I’ll get to spend some time with them at their house on Monday, so it will be fine. I love those two!

German had called in the late afternoon to invite me and Beth to go to the park and then home with them for dinner. We already had our plans for the evening. But I would have loved to spend that time with them. I think it surprised German that we had so many plans going on.

I’m going to spend some time with them before I leave, though. I treasure those moments.

Buster is going crazy barking at stuff tonight. I’m ready to shoot him! I hope he doesn’t scare off Santa’s reindeer!

Time to talk to Jesus about His birthday. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment