Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 NICARAGUA

An awesome day! The team went out to do their 2 Fiestas this morning, VBS and Construction. After a wonderful lunch (meatloaf, mac & VELVEETA cheese, green beans and slaw) they headed back out for English Club, another Fiesta and more Construction.

Sherry, Mike, German, Manuel and I ran to town to pick up some more supplies and I needed a few more things to finish up the presents for the kids at Las Quimeras. Manuel helped me put the new stuff in the bags. Then Manuel and I made little goodie bags for his brother and sister and their spouses for Christmas. Of course, Manuel will play with everything in the bags, but he is so excited to have something to give to them. ☺

Mary and Leslie went to Las Quimeras for Bible study. Mary was finishing up her training on Evangelism. She led 3 more ladies to the Lord today! When she got home and told me, I gave her a big hug and started crying! What awesome news!!! Since we have been doing the Bible studies over these last 2 months, there have been 4 salvations and 3 rededications from that group of ladies. God is working in that sweet little church plant!!!

Our van named ChinChin finally broke a belt that has been squealing really loudly for a few weeks. It stranded the team for a little while, until we could send another van. Since ChinChin is made in China (thus the name), the belt cannot be bought in Nicaragua anywhere. We were planning on selling the little feller after this team, but it gave up too soon. So we’ll need to replace ChinChin after the new year. Somehow, God will supply the funds for that. And we will praise Him when He does!

Tonight before dinner, 2 of Lydia’s kids performed 2 Nica folk dances for the team. Then Manuel danced with the little girl (Melissa) and we all took more pictures. It was a nice treat. One of the little girls on the team tried on the dress and had pictures made. Fun.

While Megan and I helped Liana do dishes and clean the kitchen, Mike, with the help of German translating, shared the Gospel with Coco and Lydia. Seeds were planted deep, but they weren’t ready to accept God’s gift of Salvation. They still think that they need to be as perfect as possible first. Hopefully, we can keep letting them know that God wants them just like they are. Keep them in your prayers!

Beth and a volunteer from the team are putting together the gifts for the Sewer Pond kids. Beth and I’ll give them out at the Feeding on Friday, after the team leaves for the airport.

The Internet company finally came and installed the phone line so we can get the wi-fi internet. But they probably won’t start the internet for a few more days. Until then, we just have the usb connection (like dial up) and as of this evening, it wasn’t even working. So we’ll see if I have service before I leave next week.

I’ve been thinking about what I need to pack to take back to the states and have realized that pretty much everything stays here in my little room. I’ve always left clothes and other items, but now that I have a permanent place, I can leave just about everything! How nice! I just have some gifts to pack and that’s about it.

Now that the time is getting closer to leave, I’m anxious to get to the states and get some things accomplished and get back here. I’m okay with it. But I’ll miss my friends here very much over the next 7 weeks. I know that God will have many useful things for me to take care of over those 7 weeks, so it’s okay.

The team is having their share time early this evening. I’m ready to retire to my bed and read for a while. I also have some Bible study to do. It will be a nice quiet evening for me! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment