Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's probably going to take a while to get used to typing 2012. ha

I woke up this morning and read a little bit and snoozed just a little bit more. I got up at 7am and did some Bible study for an hour or so. Since Cuerpo Vivo had a New Year's worship service last night, we had church today at 2pm instead of 10:30am. So I had time for messing around with Spanish stuff, like studying some song lyrics and a little bit of verbs. I got to take my time getting ready for church. It was a nice morning.

Elaine and Jake and the kids came by to pick up some of their stuff so they could pack the car for the drive back to Las Vegas. This week went by fast, but I'm glad that we got to spend a couple of days in the same place so we could at least share a couple of hugs and promise to pray for each other.

It was so nice to be in worship service at Cuerpo Vivo today. Jaime had me stand up to say hi and asked me to speak in Spanish. It put me on the spot so much that I couldn't think of anything to say. It was funny! The music was great and I felt right at home. I could understand more of the song lyrics since I now can recognize the conjugation of the verbs. :)

Linda Bailey was back from Argentina. She was at Cuerpo Vivo when I returned to AR from NYC. We were in Oliver's Spanish class together for awhile and then she went back to Argentina about a year ago. She came back to AR while I was in Nica. Funny how our paths cross.

I enjoyed talking to my friends at church. After service, we had left overs from last night's dinner. One of my favorite dishes, the seafood pasta made by Cesar (a chef at Abuelo's restaurant). Soooo good! I even got to bring some home for tomorrow. It was nice to sit around and chat. Even in Spanish!!

I got home and Deanna was all wrapped up in a blanket sitting in her room reading. Jet was doing his best to stay inside. Although, he knows when it's 6pm and wants to go for a walk. Deanna is trying to explain to him that it's dark at 6pm. He doesn't much care about that. He just wants to have a walk. Maybe I'll get to walk him tomorrow afternoon.

It's gotten colder so I'll get to experience some winter weather for the next 7 weeks. I just don't want any ice. Especially when I travel to Indiana and back in February.

I want to get a lot done tomorrow, so I'm praying for a good night's sleep and an energy filled morning. I'll be excited if I get a lot on my list done. I know the time will fly by over the next few weeks and I have tons to take care of. But I'm not stressing over it, since I don't have to take care of anything else except of VOH stuff and my personal business. It's kind of nice! I hope I can fit in all the get togethers with friends that I'm hoping to have. I need to get my schedule organized!

Time for bed and I'm very content with the new year so far. God's blessings are new every morning and I hope to keep that feeling every day of this year.

God is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment