Saturday, January 28, 2012

Friday, January 27, 2012

It’s been a while since I’ve written. Some of the time I spent feeling very sick from abusing my liver over the last couple of months. I knew better, but just kept on ‘cheating’ on what I knew I should have been eating. It finally caught up with me. I spent a horrendous 48 hours very sick. Then it took a couple more days of living off of sprite to start feeling better. After a long talk with myself, and a lot of prayer asking God to help me be strong and responsible I think I’m back on track.

Wednesday I had lunch with the Hulsey’s and enjoyed spending time with them. Manuel is such a sweetie. After lunch, I had them drop me off at the Olive St campus of FBCR. I met with my friend JP, who is helping me by creating my website. He and Noemi (and their daughter, Genesis) are so dear to me. I really enjoyed working with JP. Then I was blessed to have a conversation with Oliver. After than, Jaime and I had a wonderful, in depth talk about missionaries and church support and responsibilities. It was an awesome time of sharing our hearts about serving God. I was very renewed after spending time with these gentlemen. God is sooo good!

I caught a ride home with Avis and settled in for the evening. It was the first day I had been out for a week from being sick and I was feeling pleasantly tired.

Thursday morning I was picked up by my wonderful friend, Donna, who allows me to sometimes borrow her car while she is working a 12 hour day. We left my house at 7:30am and I ran errands for the next 8 hours non-stop. I made 17 stops including McDonalds for a hot chocolate, Post Office to get my PO Box mail, Arvest bank to change address and account, Hair cut from sweet Carolyn, Rogers Natural Foods, GNC, Hobby Lobby, Office Depot, Best Buy, Lifeway Christian Bookstore, Schlotzky’s for lunch, Deals, Sally Beauty Supply, Singer Sewing Center, Post Office (again) to pick up a box (my new business cards), FBCR Olive St to print off some documents, Walmart and then home!!! Most of what I bought was stuff for Nicaragua. I’m now about 80% done with what I need to buy before I leave at the end of Feb. I was bushed! I fixed a quick dinner and then waited for Donna to let me know that she was off work so I could take her car back.

It felt sooo good to get so much done. Usually a person dreads having to run errands. But I was so happy to have the resources (vehicle and money in the bank) to be able to do these things, that the experience was a treasure to me. It made me think that everything I do in my life should be that exciting. We get so jaded and spoiled to the point of numbness or boredom with the ‘chores’ that we need to handle. When we have creature comforts taken away, it makes us treasure the opportunity to do these ‘chores’. We really are blessed to have money to buy the things we need, have the time to run the errands, have the resources (friends in my case) to get around town to handle our personal business. I pray that God will keep me aware of my blessings, even the chores, every day so that I will live in a thankful attitude.

Today, I was blessed to get to speak to a Homeschool group who meet once a month for Geography Club. They spend the month studying about the assigned country and then they meet together and have a speaker from that area and enjoy a pot-luck meal of that country’s recipes. I had a great time. Everyone was interested in learning what it’s like to live day to day in Nica. They cared about our ministry there. Even the kids asked great questions. It was a lot of fun for me. I have a bunch of new people praying for me and the ministry. What a blessing!

I got home about 2pm and felt very relaxed and ready for some stay-at-home time tonight. I rested on the sofa a little and then fixed some grilled chicken breast and veggies. I made some orange-date bars from a new recipe. I don’t know how they will taste, but they sure smell good!

I’ll be getting up early in the morning to go with Deanna to her Sunday School class’s jewelry exchange brunch. I got to crash one of these events before and I sure enjoy the ladies! I’ll get some jewelry to take to the women back in Nica. And I can’t wait to see what goodies there will be to eat! I’ll have to pray hard to be a good girl. But it will be so fun.

For tonight, I’m doing laundry and hanging out with Deanna watching mind-numbing tv. I’m blessed!

I’m so thankful for God’s faithfulness to keep me close during hard times (sickness) and good times (errands and speaking engagement) these last 2 weeks. Time is flying by so fast. I remember when we made this agreement for me to speak to the Homeschoolers, it was about 4 months ago.

I pray that I will stay focused on God and stop and actually contemplate each day and be thankful for it and make the most of it. I pray that I won’t become bored with life’s duties and common things. I pray that I glory God in ALL things. He is worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment