Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's been a great weekend.

Yesterday, I got the chance to go with Deanna to her ABF class' jewelry exchange. We had yummy treats and everyone put out their unwanted jewelry on tables. Then people got to take turns choosing pieces to take home. I got to take the leftovers home to take to Nica to give out to the ladies there. They will be so excited!

In the afternoon, Wade and Susan Tomlinson and kids came over to visit Aunt Deanna. They are back in the states after serving 3 years in China as missionaries. It was fun to visit with them.

I got a very nice nap and then fixed some dinner and watched tv for a while. I really enjoyed the day.

Today I got a ride from Isidro to church at Cuerpo Vivo. I love worshiping in Spanish. I love my church family at Cuerpo Vivo. I went to lunch with Isidro's family. We went to a Salvadoran restaurant and had papusas. Yum!

I got home and then my friend Donna picked me up and I spent time with her and her daughter Celina and Celina's friend. We talked a little bit about Nica, since Celina is going on the Spring Break trip.

We got to FBC Rogers in time for the reception for the Tomlinsons and then we had a Nica team meeting at 5pm. It was a good meeting. I can't wait for the team to come down.

Wade and Susan shared in church tonight about serving in China. And Wade gave the message. It was a really good evening.

I've got 2 days to get things done around the house before I leave for Indiana for 2 weeks. I've got quite a mess in the den from all the tubs and stuff that needs to be packed for Nica. I'm trying not to stress over everything. I'll have a lot to do in the 2 weeks after I get back from Indiana. But it will get done one way or another...

I'm getting a really scratchy sore throat tonight. It came on suddenly while at church. How strange. I don't feel too bad yet and I'm praying that I will get over it really quickly. I need to take mega doses of vitamin C and zinc to get over it fast.

Time for bed now. Looking forward to a calm and cozy sleep. God is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment