Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Friday, February 3, 2012

Well, I made it to Indiana and have been enjoying visiting with my sister Sandy’s family.

Traveling day (Wed) was interesting… My flight left Northwest Arkansas 4 hours late due to a ‘slight’ mechanical problem. The issue was easy to fix and only took 20 minutes plus 20 minutes of paperwork, but getting the panel off (3 screws) took over 3 hours. If only they would let women travel with tweezers again – she could have had it repaired in no time flat!! But I got to sit in a somewhat comfortable chair and read, so I was content. The gate attendant was kind of funny so we had entertainment.

I missed my flight in Chicago, so they put me on a different flight and I had time to have a nice hot dinner and a hot chocolate before catching my new flight. Sandy and my niece Stacey & great-nephew Colten picked me up at the airport and we drove the hour ride home. I was really ready for bed!

Yesterday, Colten had us up early and we got ready to head into town. He has a sinus infection and isn’t feeling well and let everyone in Walmart know about it. ☺ We cut our errands list short and headed back home. Colten and I both took a much needed nap. (I’m still getting over my sinus infection with the help of antibiotics.) He was a fun pickle when he woke up.

Sandy I went shopping and running errands this morning before picking up Colten again. We headed to the library to check out some books on bow-making and to ask about borrowing books for kindle. Sandy has decided to get a kindle fire. She will love having a kindle! We went to Hobby Lobby for wedding ribbon and to check out the clearance stuff. I got some beads and some cord for jewelry making. We had a great lunch at Sirloin Stockade, thanks to some gift cards found at Dad’s, so I guess he bought our lunch!

Sandy made a delicious dinner again and we’re enjoying some quiet time. Colten is spending the weekend with his daddy.

Sandy, Stacey and I are going wedding shopping tomorrow to finish up loose ends. I don’t know much about the plans. I’m just along for the ride! ☺

The weather is beautiful, 50s-60s. Not bad for Feb in Indiana!

I spoke with Sherry Hulsey today and they are getting my plane tickets for Nica. I’ll leave on the 28th and return on Aug 13th. I can’t wait to get back down there! Time is going by so fast.

I don’t have wireless internet here at Sandy’s house, so I’ll have to post this sometime later. I’m thankful to have email and facebook on my phone, which usually gets a signal out here in the boonies.

I’m enjoying my time here so far. No family drama as of yet. ☺ It will be fun to experience the wedding festivities for these next 2 weeks.

It’s strange to be here just a few weeks after Dad’s funeral. It seems a long time ago. Sandy, Terry and Uncle Bob have done a lot of work on cleaning out Dad’s house. They are been working hard on pricing all the collectible tractors and stuff. What a mess. Sandy has worked so hard. It doesn’t feel weird being in the house, I guess in my mind I just think he’s away for a while. I don’t have any sentimental feelings about him and the house. I haven’t been inside it with him for over 25 years. Even though I used to rent it from him and live there for a few years, it’s so different now that it’s run down and falling down. It’s just different. I’m guess I’m thankful that I don’t get emotional there.

Time to close for now. I’m looking forward to another restful sleep in the comfy guest bed. It’s nice to feel on vacation before going to live in Nica (which I love, but it’s not a vacation – ha).

So thankful for my God and His hand on even the small details of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment