Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday, February 27, 2012

What a whirlwind week this has been. My last full week in the states and many things were squeezed into it because of traveling to IN twice. But it's been so much fun!

A Dr Appointment started Tuesday, followed by a luncheon with Deanna's Bible Study small group and then frozen yogurt with Connie.

Wednesday I worked like a crazy woman on packing tubs and on the computer and then joined the ladies of Cuerpo Vivo church to write cards and letters to the Nica women and have ice cream sundaes. Yum!

Thursday started out with a haircut, errands and lunch with Angela, babysitting for Genesis and having dinner with the Janes family. It was a full day and lots of fun!

Friday I had lunch with Janalynn and she dropped me off at Nana Ruth's house to get her van and grocery list. Then I went shopping at Walmart for Nana Ruth's groceries and my final list for Nica. Then I took some tubs to the church and got the groceries back to Nana Ruth. I was very tired, but glad to have many things off of my to-do list. Nana Ruth and I had dinner at Red Lobster and it was wonderful!

Saturday, Zandra picked me up early to go to her mother's house for a visit that we have been planning for over 20 years. There was always something coming up and we finally made it! Zandra's daughter, Hannah and her friend joined us and it was great. Dolly has a basement filled with sewing and craft materials and supplies. It was a wonderland to play in. I loved it. She showed me some ideas that the ladies in Nica can make. I hope I get to visit again someday and play in that basement!

Sunday was sweet worship at Cuerpo Vivo church. At the end of the service, the congregation prayed over me and the ministry in Nica. I always love the sending out that I get from that church. We then enjoyed pizza and salad as a fund-raiser meal for missions. I got home and rested for just a few minutes before being picked up by Donna and Celina for the Nica team meeting at FBC Rogers. I'm excited for the team to come to Nica in just a few weeks.

All week I've been half goofy trying to get all the details taken care of. I've left my purse at church, my cell phone at the other church, put clothes in the dryer and forgot to turn it on, walked into and out of rooms constantly forgetting what I went in there for, etc. I know that it's normal to do these things occasionally, and I have done that in the past, but it seems that I'm doing it over and over and frequently this week. I just hope that I don't forget something important!

Two months have flown by since I've returned from Nica. My father passed away, my niece got married, I made 2 trips to Indiana in 5 weeks, been on 10 planes in 6 weeks (with 2 more coming up tomorrow), shared about Nica and VOH ministry countless times and enjoyed friends and family.

It's been a good visit and it's hard to leave. But I'm excited to get back to Nica, too. It can be an emotional rollercoaster, even minute by minute. I think it's one of the hardest parts about traveling back and forth so much. It seemed easier when I lived fulltime in NYC for 2 years. I only came back to AR for a week at a time. Coming back to the states for 2 months at a time is disorienting. I think traveling to IN for a few weeks in the middle of the stateside time helps I think. I just have to trust God to hold my mind and heart close so that I can rely on Him for my emotions.

There are a lot of wonderful things going on with the ministry lately. There are always challenges, but we trust God to help us persevere through them. It is so sweet to see fruit from our work and to have doors open wide. God has been so faithful to us and we give Him all the glory for all that He has allowed to be accomplished through our lowly efforts.

Time to talk to the 'Coach' and get my game face on. As hard as it is to leave friends here in Rogers, I can't wait to get busy back in Nica. Six months will feel like a long time in some ways (lack of creature comforts of the US, often feeling tired, being away from AR friends, etc) and it will fly by in other ways (weeks filled with teaching classes, a summer full of mission teams - sometimes back to back, many people to spend time with, etc). God has filled my life with many experiences and people. I am truly blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment