Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Monday, February 13, 2012

I’m catching up on my blog posts (for Thurs through today) while sitting at various airports as I travel back to AR from IN. I have to keep reminding myself where I am. When I get into reading a book or typing stuff for my blog or whatever, I get lost in thought and it always takes me a minute to realize where I am and what I’m doing.

It’s strange for me also to not really have a ‘home’. I call AR my home, since I have lived there for almost 22 years. My family are all in IN (and I was born and raised there for 33 years before moving to AR). I spend most of my year in Nicaragua, and actually have furniture there. I don’t mind at all not having lots of ‘stuff’ at any one place, in fact, I prefer that, but it feels weird never feeling attached to any one place permanently. I’m glad not to feel like I will ‘miss home’ when I’m traveling, but I do think that it does something to my mind not to be settled.

God has been working on my mind and heart a lot lately. I think He has some big plans in store for me this year. We’ll see. I’m game for anything, but the thought of some things does scare me a little. I’ll have to exercise my faith to make it as strong as possible.

I will have 2 weeks in AR to get ready for my 6 month stay in Nica. Taxes have to be computed and paid, ‘stuff’ needs to be sorted, organized, transported, sent and stored. Anything needing to be done before the middle of August has to be addressed before I leave the states on Feb 28. I hope I don’t forget anything! I have tons of emails, documents, Bible study, Spanish study, meetings and etc to take care of in these 2 weeks. But I’ve promised God that I won’t stress over any of it. I’m trusting Him. I just have to keep my focus on Him and not my self-made to-do lists.

I’m very content at the moment. It has been a good 2 weeks in IN with family. This is the first time in my life that I can honestly say that. I give God the glory for the healing going on. I pray that I don’t hinder any of it and that I’m faithful to what He wants me to do with regard to my family. There’s still a lot of healing to come, but nothing is too big for God!

I’m so thankful for the life He gives me and I pray that I glorify Him in everything. I know that that’s not possible in my lowly human life, but I strive for that. I’m so thankful that He is patient and longsuffering in His grace and mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment