Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday, February 20, 2012

Well, it's been a week since I've been back in AR and it's been a busy and fun week. I'm trying to catch up on Nica work and tying up loose ends in AR for while I'm gone to Nica for 6 months. Going back and forth to Indiana twice in 5 weeks kind of put a kink in the timeline I had planned. But it's all good...

I received the 3 boxes of stuff that I had shipped to myself from Indiana, as well as a box of yarn from my sister Pam and some books from Amazon.com, all headed for Nicaragua. I picked up some items from Walmart to pack in tubs for Nica. I borrowed Nana Ruth's car one day to tote everything to the Olive Street church for storage until the March team carries them to Nica. Deanna couldn't believe everything was coming out of my room. I think I've got 12+ tubs already at the church. I also picked up more fabric from my friend Floys and took it to the stash. We're getting quite a cache of blessings to share! And I'm getting a good workout hauling those tubs around!

I enjoyed spending time with Nana Ruth on Friday. We got take out from Applebee's and ate at her house. Then I went shopping at Walmart with a list from Nana Ruth and a list from Sherry Hulsey and with an imaginary list in my head for me. It was a good trip and I enjoyed getting the things for other people. That's the best shopping!

I spent all day Saturday working at home, part of the time on the computer and part of the time moving stuff around in my room. Stuff, stuff, stuff... Sometimes I wish I didn't own anything at all. But I'm thankful to have what I need and open to getting rid of the stuff that I merely want. One of my favorite things is to give stuff away to people. That's what makes schlepping all these tubs to Nica so worth it. They are full of ordinary things to North Americans, but wonderful blessings to the people that we help through the ministry. A fun job!

Sunday was a beautiful morning of worship at Cuerpo Vivo. I'm so thankful to be able to understand more Spanish each week. (even though I haven't been studying. eek) I love the people of Cuerpo Vivo and am so proud of the church family for their love for each other and the lost, and for their commitment to reach out. I'm blessed to be able to worship with them.

After church, I went with JP, Noemi, Mark and Genesis to Liese's house for machacado, a favorite dish of Monterrey Mexico. It was really good. I ate way too much, but was very happy! I got home and even though I was fighting not to take a nap, I did fall asleep on the sofa for a short while. I missed going to church with Deanna, but I guess I needed the rest.

This morning I caught a ride with Kellie to the church, so that I could meet my friend Lindsey when she dropped off her daughter to Mother's Day Out. We went to Starbucks for coffee (I had Chai Tea Latte, YUM) and we talked about sponsorship of families and children in Nica. We had a wonderful time catching up. She's such a sweetie with an awesome heart for people. Her 6 month old son, Collier was with us and he's a real cutie!

I got home really pumped to keep on top of what needs to be done to keep up with what God's doing through VOH. It's such an encouragement to talk with others about the ministry. It fuels the fire in my heart for the work God let's me do.

I have multiple appointments this week and will keep hopping each day. I struggle with wondering if I've used my time wisely (and usually fall short of my expectations), but I need to remember that everything is to be in GOD's time and not to stress over it. He gives me mercy and grace to cover the things I don't get done and a peace that comes from trusting Him to always be there to guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment