Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It finally snowed a teeny little bit today. I was hoping to see a little snow while in the states during Jan and Feb. I would like to see a little more, but I don’t want to have any travel worries when I fly back to AR and when I fly to Nica. It will feel good to get back to the heat and sun.

Sandy, Colten and I hung around the house for a while this morning and I caught up on some laundry and some Bible Study. Colten wasn’t feeling good at all and we took him to the doctor in the afternoon. He got more antibiotics and other meds and has to do some breathing treatments over the next week. We’re hoping that he feels much better for the wedding on Saturday.

Sandy and I stopped at Best Buy to get her a Kindle Fire. Colten was asleep in the car, so I went in and bought a cover for mine and picked out everything that she needs. Then I sent her in to the sales person and he rang her up. It went very smooth. I can’t wait to get her all set up. She will really like using it in town when she is near internet. I got a new cover for mine. I like it pretty well. It’s lavender.

We met Stacey (Colten’s mom) at the doctor’s office. She took him home after the appointment, so Sandy and I ran past Dad’s house for a quick bathroom stop and to pick up a couple of boxes and a few items. Then we went to Hobby Lobby and I picked out 20 more sewing patterns that were on sale for 99 cents. I think I’ll have a really good variety for the ladies in Nica to use in sewing class.

We got back to Sandy’s and had deer meat burritos. Yum!! We’re cheating and having a frozen apple pie for dessert. I think I’ll be really bad and have ice cream with it. Sandy and I are such bad influences on each other!! Speaking of which, we drove through Arby’s and got chocolate turnovers this afternoon. It was a little gooey and I ended up with it on my hands. I felt like there might be some on my chin and when I asked Sandy if she saw any, she laughed out loud and said that she hasn’t seen an adult with that much food on their face, only kids. Ha

I’ve got some boxes of fabric to go through at Sandy’s tonight. She’s donating it to the sewing classes in Nica. We’ll ship it tomorrow to AR and then have the March FBCR team bring it down. I’m so glad that there’re lots of people coming on that trip.

Can’t wait to get back to Nica and start some sewing projects with the ladies! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment