Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's Thursday night and bedtime, but I'm not sleepy, so it's a good time to post here.

I've had a strange week mentally and emotionally. It's very interesting to see how your mind can rule over your body. Another reason to stay grounded in the Word so that your mind doesn't get too off kilter when it's wandering around. I haven't felt anxious or nervous about anything. I've just felt like my mind hasn't been totally engaged. I'm sure there are lots of people with some funny remarks to make about that last statement. :)

The last couple of days I have felt more in control of my mental capabilities and have gotten some productive work done. There is so much I want to do in these next few weeks and so many things depend on something else to happen first. It's like a cobweb all intertwined and fragile. But God will walk me through each step if I will only seek Him and allow Him to lead.

I've worked from home all week and actually left the house today for a meeting at the Olive Street building. I'm out of ink for my home printer, and don't want to spend tons of money on new ones for just a few weeks, so I made a list of things to print off while at the church. I got part of the list printed before my meeting. I met with Brian Sander, Youth Pastor of FBCR about details of the Spring Break trip that a team of 20 are planning to make to Nica in March. I'm excited for them all to come down. A few on the team have been there before and some of the newbies are relatives of previous team members, so I think they will be pretty well acclimated to serving with us. I'm looking forward to it!!

I had dinner with a friend tonight and went to see a precious (almost) 3 month old baby. What a treat! I just love little babies!

My sister Sandy has been keeping me up to date on the saga called 'settling Dad's estate' in Indiana. It's been interesting to say the least! It's been keeping her busy for sure. Hopefully, everything will be completely settled by year's end.

I stopped by the Post Office to check my box today and I had some very nice sympathy cards. It is so nice to be thought of and prayed over. I truly appreciate everyone's kindness and love. I'm so glad that God has brought so many loving people into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment