Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday, January 13, 2012

It’s Friday the 13th. It’s been a pretty good day.

I slept well last night. Even though I woke up about 4:30am and read myself back to sleep, I had a good sleep until 8am. I woke up feeling very rested and peaceful.

After some Bible Study and some cereal for breakfast, I worked on sorting through some stuff to take back to Nica.

There’s a lot that I need to be doing and working on, both physically and on the computer, but my mind is just kind of in neutral right now. I guess I just need to recalibrate after trip to IN for Dad’s funeral. I’m giving myself the weekend off of anything too complicated and trying to get plenty of rest and relaxation. I’m also trying not to feel guilty about it.

Nana Ruth and I had lunch together today. We went to Golden Corral and I treated myself to roast, potatoes, green beans, corn, greens, creamed spinach, dressing and broiled fish. Yum! I kind of pigged out, but it was mostly healthy food. I then I had a dessert plate with a spoonful of cherry cobbler, a spoonful of peach cobbler and a spoonful of bread pudding. I wasn’t stuffed, but pleasantly full. I came back home and took a nice nap. I really needed this day of treating myself to quietness.

I had lost some of my meds over the last few months. I didn’t know it until yesterday, since I have been gone and travelling back and forth everywhere. The meds that I was missing happened to be my hormone replacement patches. Not a good thing to run out of!! Ha Anyway, I called the pharmacy and they had to contact the Dr to renew the prescription. The doctor’s office didn’t answer yet. It’s the weekend. I need the meds today. With everything that has happened in the past couple of weeks, it’s not a good time to go without this med. I’m so thankful that my regular doctor is a friend and just a cell phone call away. He called in a month’s script for the meds to hold me over until the other doctor renews the script. Insurance won’t cover this refill, since it’s too soon (due to my losing the other), so I paid full price without insurance for the meds. But it was very much worth it for me. I’m thankful that God allowed me to get a hold of Dr Bob, that he was willing to call in the refill, that I had the money in the bank to cover the full cost, that the pharmacy filled it right away and that Deanna let me borrow her van to go and pick it up. The world will be a much safer place this weekend now that I have my meds. HA

While out with Deanna’s van, I went to Walmart to pick up a few things and some groceries. I also walked around and just looked at stuff as sort of a mind numbing therapy. I enjoyed it very much. I was in there over an hour. I even found some great clearance deals in the Christmas Clearance aisle, including some reindeer antler headbands that light up for just $1.11 each. Guess what I’ll be wearing in Nica next Christmas Eve. ☺
I came home and fixed a sandwich and sunchips for dinner. I also indulged in some hummus, which I can’t get in Nica and I didn’t have in IN either. It was tasty. Deanna and I shared some Dove chocolate pieces and watched a little tv.

Even though I’ve had naps the last few days, I still have went to sleep fairly easy and slept most of the night. When I wake up to read in the middle of the night, it’s not for long. My mind is pretty clear and peaceful. But I do feel kind of slowed down and in a healing mode. I’m not going to force concentrating on things for the rest of the weekend. I’ve asked God to show me His agenda for me and I am okay with some quiet time.

My sister Pam and her husband Rob drove straight from IN to FL today so that they can be there for Rob’s step-dad’s surgery on Monday. I worry about them driving so long with their health issues, but flying is not an option, so I just covered them in lots of prayer for their safe travels.

I need to spend some time studying Spanish this weekend. I think it will be a good thing for my mind to concentrate on as well as Bible study. Yeah, that’s a good weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment