Thursday, November 17, 2011

Monday, November 14, 2011 NICARAGUA

Almost time for bed again. I’m feeling better this evening. This morning was kind of rough, but I can tell that it’s getting better each day.

I walked to class this morning, instead of taking a taxi like I felt like doing, because it was cooler and overcast. Also, I needed to stop at Basar Jerry and at the Librería and at the corner to get money exchanged. I hate to waste a cooler morning by taking a taxi. Getting to walk when it’s more comfortable is something that I don’t take for granted. ☺

I got some more cord for the little drawstring bags that I’m going to sew for the Women’s Conference next Monday. Also, I got some elastic for the skirts for the sewing class and some medium safety pins. I’ve been looking for medium ones for a few weeks now. Funny how you have to search and hope to find things. We take way too much for granted in the states. But I like getting to stop in and visit the ladies at the stores. I priced some satin cord and some satin ribbon, too, for future projects.

I bought 40 notebooks at the Librería for the ladies at ROSCC Bible study. I was weighted down as I carried them to class with me. After class I relented to taking a taxi home. It was well worth it.

Spanish class was very good. Juan said I am doing really great. That’s good to hear because I still think I’m doing badly, but I can tell that I’m making progress. We are trying to cram all the learning we can into these 2 months and there is very little time between ‘getting’ something and then moving on to more that I don’t know. But it’s all worth the hard work. Juan is a very encouraging teacher, too. He always has such a big smile when I get a really hard thing correct. He’s a blessing.

We had Nicaraguan chicken chop suey for lunch and it was good. Then Leslie and I talked and decided that we didn’t need to go to the other market today, since I had bought fabric on Sunday and the elastic today. I really want to go walk around and look at stuff, but I decided to do the responsible thing and stay here this afternoon and start cutting out and sewing some of the stuff for Monday.

I finished up Coco’s skirts and got all her shirts together. She was so surprised tonight when we gave her the new wardrobe. She couldn’t believe it was for her. She doesn’t get anything new ever and most of her clothes don’t fit. It was a blessing for Sherry, Mary and me to do this for her.

Our VOH Bible study was good tonight. Sherry, Mary, German, Oscar, Jonathan, Salvador and I attended. Mike always has good messages. Mary got to meet Jonathan and Salvador tonight. I sure have missed them! I didn’t get to see them at all last week since I had so much going on. I won’t see them in English class this week or next week either. And we will not have our Bible study on Monday night because the team will be here.

I’m going to miss them! They are doing so great with their English. They said that Teacher (Juan) told them what a good job they are doing and he told them that I’m doing well, too. We are in the same boat wanting to learn as fast as we can. Just in different languages.

I got an email from my niece and she filled me in on the wedding plans so far. It will be here before we know it! I’ll wait and buy my dress when I get back to the states or maybe even when I get to IN in Feb. I guess it will be a good excuse to buy a new dress.

Buster, the dog, lives here at the Team House most of the time now. He sleeps in Alberto’s little house. He is such a funny dog. Not much bigger than my foot, but he thinks that he is ferocious. He barks a lot at Alberto and won’t let him pick him up. I have to catch him and hand him to Alberto. It’s funny. Alberto cooks scrambled eggs for Buster every morning (as Sherry used to do) and then feeds him canned dog food each night. He stays in Alberto’s room a lot and barks because he wants out with people. I don’t know how he will do with the teams. We’ll see.

After everyone left tonight, I came in my room and sewed for about hour and a half. Then I opted to get on the computer to do my blog. We should have internet here at the Mission House by the end of the week. Woohoo!!!

After writing this update, I need to study my Spanish lesson for about an hour and then I’m off to dream land.

I’m off to dream land and I feel so blessed today. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment