Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday, Nov 6, 2011 NICARAGUA

It’s late and I should be getting ready for bed soon. It’s been an interesting day, since we didn’t go out anywhere today. The elections were today and churches were closed. There are people out everywhere and the streets will be blocked by celebrations and demonstrations (depending on which party you are a member of) for the rest of tonight and tomorrow. There isn’t any big surprise expected with the results, but with a Third World Country, you never know. We stayed here at the Mission House today and the Hulsey’s came over for lunch and to swim for the afternoon. I haven’t talked to them since they left at late afternoon to drive home. German (and all our other friends here) say not to go out on Monday, because of all the chaos in traveling. We’re happy as little clams to hang out here at the house. All of our workers, except Alberto (who lives here) and Claudia (our cook who didn’t want to take the day off) are staying home tomorrow.

My Monday Spanish class was moved to last Friday, so I have the day free to study and sew and nap. Ahhhh. Pretty much what I did today, actually.

Manuel spent the night with Mary and me last night. He slept on a mattress in Mary’s room. We took turns keeping him occupied last night and today. He was in a very good mood this morning and we had fun together.

I cut out 8 full aprons for Aracelys and Claudia. I got 4 of them finished today. I was modeling one to show Mary and Sherry and Manuel saw it. He heard me say that my sister had made me some aprons when I was a stepmom and the boys called it my cooking dress. She also made them some (they were 4, 5, and 6 yrs old) for craft aprons. They called theirs cooking dresses, too. Manuel decided he needed one, too. He wanted to try on the one I had finished for the ladies. He looked like he was wearing a dress. He looked so cute. He told his dad to get him a pan because he needed to cook something. I had some plaid material with red, navy, green, etc in it and we decided it would make a good boy apron. So he commissioned me to make it for him. I got it done tonight, also.

I have lots of projects that I want to work on. It’s so much fun getting to do these things. Tomorrow will be another good day of sewing.

This evening, after the sun left the pool area, I went for a dip. Mary came out and sat on the pool steps and put her legs in. We chatted a while. It was very nice. Since Saturnino is spraying for mosquitoes twice a week now, they are not bad at all. Yay!! After my swim, I came back to my room and fixed a baked potato for dinner and had some pudding for dessert.

Mike left me the internet cord and I’ve been researching more craft projects for the ladies (who in the barrios where we minister) to make and sell to help support their families. I’m loving these projects.

I need to get some Bible study done, prepare for the Women’s Bible studies this week and practice my Spanish verbs. We’ll see how much of each I get done tomorrow.

Mary will start going to the Women’s Bible studies with me this week. Next week, she will start teaching how to share your testimony with the ladies during part of the time. Her class time should last about 6 weeks until she goes home on December 23. The weekly study of the 12 Extraordinary Women of the Bible will continue year round until we cover all 12 Women, then we will start a new study.

I have 10 more Bibles coming tomorrow afternoon for the ladies at Las Quimeras. I’ve got the next 6 Bible bags done for them. I need to buy their notebooks at the Librería on Tuesday or Wednesday morning when I walk to class.

I hope we are still going to the Oriental Market in Managua on Thursday. I can’t wait to get some things for my room and to also see what kind of supplies I can find for the projects. They say the market is huge and takes all day. We may need to take 2 vans to bring everything home in! ha

Time for bed for today. Time is marching on. So much to do and experience. Don’t want to miss a minute! Soooo blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment