Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Monday, November 7, 2011 NICARAGUA

Okay. 9:30pm and it’s time to write my blog and go to bed. Gotta get up early and go to Spanish class 1 hour earlier for the next 2 days so that I can skip class on Thursday to go to Managua with the VOH gang.

This weekend has flown by so fast! I guess because I went to the English school on Saturday morning, so Sunday and Monday were my ‘weekend’. Yesterday, I started sewing on aprons for Aracelys and Claudia and I finished them today. I also made a manly one for Manuel. I altered and hemmed a skirt for Coco and also make her 3 skirts. I hemmed a denim skirt for myself that I picked up at a used clothing store on my way home from Spanish class last week. I tweaked a shirt, took a swim, had leftover churrasco (steak) and mashed potatoes for dinner, studied Spanish verb tenses until I’m blue in the face. Speaking of blue, I’m admiring the navy pillow cases I made for my twin bed to make it look like a daybed. I like it.

The Hulsey’s were here for most of the day. I played with Manuel a couple of times. He is interested in learning now (for small bits of time). I hope he has good school time with Jaasiel this week.

Mary did some sewing today on hemming curtains. She sat on the pool steps while I swam this evening and we had a nice chat. We went to our rooms when the mosquitoes came buzzing. Saturnino will need to spray again tomorrow. Yesterday, Mary and I left our doors and windows open past dusk while enjoying the pool. We both got nibbled on last night by the mosquitoes. We made sure to shut up our rooms before heading for our evening swim.

With the exception of hearing fireworks last night, I haven’t experienced anything different after the elections. Of course, I haven’t left our compound for the last 2 days, either. LOL I’ll walk to Spanish class tomorrow morning, but I doubt that anything will be different on the road. Today was supposed to be the biggest day of celebration and demonstration.

Manuel’s dog, Buster, (a miniature Doberman) is about the size of a medium cat. He is getting a belly on him now and looks so funny when he lays down. Sherry makes him scrambled eggs every morning for breakfast. And he refuses to eat dog food. Only people food for him. Even chips. He went for a couple of dips in the pool today. When he dog paddles, he looks like a motorboat. He really moves! He doesn’t like the water too much though.

I’m feeling very peaceful and content this evening. I hope I sleep well. I’ve been having weird dreams for about 2 weeks now. Not nightmares, just weird. Oh well, it could be worse.

According to facebook postings, there was another earthquake in OK which was felt in AR. That makes 2 in just a few days. And I’m missing them! Maybe we’ll have a volcano eruption here. Nothing major, just want to see one of the smoking volcanos spew a little bit. Knowing me, I won’t have my camera ready anyway…

This is short, but I’m heading to bed. I hope everyone has had a blessed day. I know I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment