Monday, November 14, 2011

Sunday, November 13, 2011 NICARAGUA

Due to circumstances beyond our control… we weren’t able to go to church this morning. Mary and I got to hear some of the music and ceremony here at the Mission House that the Women/Teen girls’ conference was having. I spent a lot of time on my personal Bible study this morning and enjoyed the time with the Lord.

Sherry joined Mary and I for some shopping around and lunch. It was nice to get out and walk around and look at second hand clothing stores. We each found a few pieces and had a nice lunch at Tip Top Chicken. We then caught a taxi and went to Maxi Palí to look around. It’s owned by Walmart and is kind of a step up from their other grocery stores of regular Palí and La Unión. We had fun walking around and looking at stuff. Mary and I got some little baskets that have wheels and pull handle. We liked just walking around with the baskets. ☺

While downtown, I bought some fabric for the sewing class that starts on Tuesday. I still need to get some elastic, so I’ll have to stop by Basar Jerry tomorrow on my way to class. I also need to stop by the Librería and let her know that I want to buy 40 notebooks by Friday. These will be for the ladies at ROSCC church. I don’t have the money to get their Bibles yet, but I’m going to give them the notebooks and pens this week.

While out today, I got a call from Juan and he said that he picked up a new student, I believe for the 8-10am timeslot, so my classes will be the usual 10a-12p this week. We had decided to add an extra hour each day, but that will not happen now. We’ll talk tomorrow about how to work in the extra hours. I think I will have to miss class on Thursday, too, because we need to go to Masaya before the team comes on Saturday. But it will all work out okay.

When through downtown, we got a taxi and headed back to the Mission House about 2pm. The conference was still going on and I had a sinus headache, so I laid down in my room for a while and Mary and Sherry visited in Mary’s room. Mike and Manuel came over to finalize money and stuff with the leader of the conference. Then the Hulsey’s went home.

The conference ended at 6pm, but the praise music and worship kept going until about 7:30pm. It’s nice and quiet again.

I studied on Spanish verbs for a while and then fixed some soup for dinner. I nuked a couple of small potatoes to add to the veggie soup and it was pretty good. I packed my meds/vitamins for the next 2 weeks and then studied a little more Spanish. Then I watched 2 more episodes of Army Wives on my computer.

Now I’m ready for bed and praying to wake up with a clear head. My headache is better and I’m not as stuffy. I actually feel worse now that my antibiotics are through. Hmmmm

It’s been beautiful weather. No rain for days and days. It will soon be drying out for 6 months. I have to say that I’m enjoying not having the continuous rain like in October. But I’m sure I’ll complain about it being too hot and dry soon. ☺

Looking forward to a good night’s sleep and then a great Spanish class and then lunch and then Leslie and I are planning on going to a market here in León that I haven’t been to so I can look for some more supplies and storage containers. Then I’ve got lots of sewing to do tomorrow afternoon before the VOH Bible study.

Time to start another busy week and I love it.
The team comes in on Saturday. Woohoo!!
God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment