Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Monday, Oct 31, 2011 NICARAGUA

Ok. This will be short and sweet. It’s 10:15 and I’m just now getting around to typing my blog. I’ve have a very busy day and I’m ready to hit the bed so I can get up early and do it all over again tomorrow. LOL

I slept fitfully last night so I didn’t get up until 8:30am. That’s late for me, but I just had a hard time last night for some reason. Need to pray about that. I did my daily Chronological Bible study, grabbed some cereal for breakfast, showered and dressed.

I called FBC in Rogers and talked with Glenda for a few minutes and then with Teresa about some money stuff. I enjoyed speaking with them. There may be some good arrangements made for me to help with my future needs. I know that God will work everything out as He sees fit. I’m thankful for that.

I decided to call a taxi for the trip to class. That way I could stop and exchange some money on the corner. The taxi was taking a very long time to get here, so I called back to make sure they sent one. She must have called the driver to get his self over here because the next thing I knew, here comes the guy speeding down our very rutted road (potholes as deep as the little car is tall) and beeping at everyone and thing (horses included) in his way. He was very nice and was talking a lot in Spanish. I was answering as best as I could and told him that I am learning Spanish and was, in fact, on my way to class. He said I can practice on taxi drivers. He also said that he wants to learn English and I told him he should take classes from my friend Juan. ☺

After picking up 2 more fares on our way to my drop off, it was time for me to get out. I paid the 30 córdova fare with a 50. He needed to make change, so he had the person in the front seat to give him 20 for her fare. As I was getting out I heard him ask the person in the back for her fare so he could buy some papaya at the fruit stand that he was parked in front of. Riding in taxis is always interesting here. Besides being beat up little cars, sometimes missing what I would consider vital parts, the drivers are crazy and the traffic is chaos. But it’s part of living here and I love it.

Juan beat me to class this morning and I was only 3 minutes late. We had a good beginning of reviewing from last week, then we started on some new verb tenses. I don’t have the other million memorized yet, but this gives me a somewhat complete set agonize over. So far I’ve learned Present Indicative, Past Indicative, Simple Present, Present Progressive, Immediate Future, Simple Future, Present Perfect, Simple Past Perterite, Simple Past Imperfect, Future Progressive, Past Progressive, Past Conditional. As well as conjugating for Me, You (informal), You (formal)/He/She/It, We/Us, and Them for each and every verb in every tense. Needless to say, I don’t have them all down yet, but I can hold my own with the infinitve verb and really bad grammar. LOL

I can tell I’m making progress every day and since this was just day 5 of my 2 hour classes, I think I’m doing pretty well. I pray every day to have a focused mind and clear understanding. It’s kicking my booty, but the sooner I learn it, the sooner I will know it and I’ll have so much fun using it! Juan is a great teacher. I have been blessed with him and with Oliver back in Rogers. They are both gifted teachers.

Juan asked if I would do some recording of English grammar for his classes. We will figure out a good time to do that one of these days.

I walked home and enjoyed the lunch prepared by our new regular cook. She started today and will cook lunch for the staff Monday-Friday on the weeks that we don’t have teams. Today’s was very good.

I got a fb message from my ‘son’ Jeremy today. He has been super busy helping take on some of his father’s duties at their church. His father is the Senior Pastor and has been ill lately. Jeremy is the worship pastor as well as helping with many other things in the church, including filling in for his father teaching and such. Jeremy accidently found out when testing his father’s new blood pressure cuff that he has very high blood pressure. His uncle is a doctor and ran some tests and thinks they can control it with some meds, diet and less stress. Sounds familiar to me! I’m praying for my sweet boy and his beautiful wife Kelly. I can’t wait to see them soon.

I spent some time with Manuel today until he got mad that I wouldn’t give him my computer. That is a recurring issue with us. I also would not give him my iPhone. He was very mad at me. So play time ended for today. He was over it for the moment when he came back in the evening.

I got to talk to Sherry and Leslie a little bit and then they all left and came to my room to cut out 12 more Bible bags. I started sewing on them just a little until time for our VOH Monday night Bible Study. German, Oscar, Jonathan, Salvador, Sherry and me were here and Mike did a great job. I love learning new things about God and the Bible. I think that Jonathan and Salvador are enjoying learning that and also learning new English words.

After everyone left about 7:30, I came to my room and started studying Spanish grammar. Next thing I knew it was 10pm. I hurried and set up the printer so I could take my homework to class tomorrow. I also printed off some group questions from the weekly Bible study back in Rogers. Then I got the printer all put away and started my blog.

I’ve had a great day and I’m ready to call it a night. I’m hoping for sweet dreams tonight and lots of energy for what God brings my way tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment