Monday, November 14, 2011

Saturday, November 12, 2011 NICARAGUA

Almost 11pm. Just getting on the computer tonight. After a long day going to Managua and shopping a little bit, we got back about 5pm. The Oriental Market is huge (about 5 acres) of little shops all crammed together in a very disorganized manner. It was crazy! But we found some good deals on things for the team house. We ate lunch at the food court of a mall and then headed home. I only bought one thing and that was as we were leaving the mall. It was a cell phone tassel that I wanted to get to use as a pattern to make more. It was a beautiful day, though.

I had some cream of mushroom soup and a tortilla for dinner and worked for about 4 hours on making 6 more Bible bags for the ladies at Las Quimeras church. Now I can start on another project tomorrow!

While sewing, I watched the Jesus Film in English and then watched it again in Spanish. I then watched 2 episodes of Army Wives (that Sherry loaned me). I took a break to help Mary put together her new wardrobe contraption for her room. It didn’t take long at all, since I’ve put 2 together twice for myself. She’s tickled with hers.

I’m going to try to copy some cds for the ROSCC church to use with their children’s service. Hope I can do it correctly.

I am really beat, but I can’t believe how much I got accomplished this evening. God blessed me with good time management!

I can’t believe that the team comes next Saturday! It will be fun to see how they like the new place. It will be great to have a crazy ministry week schedule, too!

I’ll be hopping all week as I’m doing 3 hours of Spanish class each morning, instead of 2, teaching 2 Bible studies, starting Sewing classes, helping with English class and trying to get about 100 drawstring bags made before the next Monday (21st). I also need to get some bracelets made in the next 2 weeks so that we can start the jewelry classes the week after the team leaves. But I’m loving it so much!

This is going to be short because I’m ready for bed and the women/teen-girls, who are having a retreat here this weekend, finished up their very loud praise music time. It’s so quiet now. Yay!!

Mary and I are going to take a taxi downtown tomorrow for lunch and to do a little shopping for supplies for the sewing class and for next week’s Bible classes. The retreat ends at 6pm tomorrow, so it will be good to be out and about while they are here. I don’t mind staying in my room since I have my computer, sewing machine and plenty of Spanish lessons to memorize, but I think Mary gets a little stir crazy. Luckily, we don’t rent out the facility too often.

Ok, going to bed now.
Thank you Lord for your blessings. I’m thankful as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment