Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 NICARAGUA

I was very tired when I woke up this morning about 6am. But I couldn’t go back to sleep so I just laid in bed talking to God and thinking about all that I have to be thankful for. A pleasant way to pass the time.

I walked to Spanish class this morning and on the way, I talked to Charlie Brown, who is leading a team down here next week. It was good to talk with him and we went over some details for the ministry that they are going to do here. They’ll be here on Saturday. Can’t wait.

Spanish class was good. It was an extended 3 hour class today. Juan added the Subjunctive mood of the Present Tense. Aaaaaaaakkk! He held the book up with the title page for that chapter and wielded it like a threat. It was funny. It’s a confusing part of Spanish grammar that isn’t used in English. I don’t like it, but I’ll conquer it! It was a good class, never the less. While he had to run and pick up his daughter from preschool, Jackie (a lady who helps out at the school in the mornings) chatted with me in Spanish. It was fun. I can tell that I’m understanding more and more of the language. I still have a long way to go, but I’m getting there.

After class, it was overcast so it was cool enough to enjoy the walk home. Bazar Jerry had not closed for lunch yet when I by, so I popped in to get Mary some thread she was needing.

We had spaghetti and salad for lunch. Then Sherry filled me in on some decisions that were made this morning. I’m gone to class 4 mornings a week, so I miss some of the little meetings.

I rested for about 30 minutes and then got ready for the Bible study at Las Quimeras church. Due to the taxi costing so much, Mike decided to take us and he and Sherry sat in the van while Mary, Leslie and I did the class. Manuel played with some of the kids.

It was a good class. We had a few new people and some of the regulars had to miss. We made a sign that says “Gracias por las Biblias” and the ladies signed it. Then they held it up and I took a picture of them. I’ll post that picture on Facebook to thank those who donated money for the Bibles that we were able to give out at Las Quimeras.

Carlos was supposed to come by the Mission House this evening to talk to me about getting more Bibles, but it was raining and he rides a motorcycle, so he had to reschedule for tomorrow morning. I fixed a little bit of dinner and then sewed a few more drawstring bags for Monday. I also pinned a skirt for Sherry (from fabric cut off of a long dress that Mary is hemming for her). I hemmed up a skirt that I had cut off for myself, too. Then I watched a few more episodes of Army Wives cds on my computer.

Now it’s time for bed and I’m comfortably tired and ready for a good night’s sleep. We’re going to Masaya tomorrow to buy souvenir stuff for the teams and also stopping at PriceSmart for groceries. It will be a long day, but fun.

Danilo is driving Sherry, Mary, Leslie and I. Manuel will stay with Mike and German here in León to get more work done for the team. Mike says he feels sorry for Danilo having to put up with us women all day. But I think Danilo is going to enjoy it. He’s a good guy.

I don’t have another Spanish class for 11 days, due to skipping tomorrow and then not having class next week because of the team. I’m going to study everyday to keep up and I can’t wait to have the next class. This was my fourth week and I can’t believe how much we have covered. I’m loving it. Well, everything but Subjunctive mood. Ha

I’m going to get off of here for now so I can get to sleep by 11pm. I need to be ready early tomorrow so I can meet with Carlos about the Bibles before we take off for Masaya. I’m looking forward to some sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment