Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sunday, November 27, 2011 NICARAGUA

A nice quiet night. No one here but Mary, me, Jocelina (not sure about how to spell her name yet), Alberto and Buster the dog. I miss having the team here, but it was nice to get so much done today, too.

Since we had been at church many times this week, Mike said we would be staying home today. I spent some good time doing Bible study this morning and loved it. I then started doing some much needed laundry. I ended up doing 2 loads of clothes plus stripping my bed and even washing the sheet/bedspread and pillow shams that I made. Everything is all put back where it belongs and it feels good.

I also worked on my notes for the Women’s Bible study this week. We will be studying Mary over the next 4 weeks. I’m excited to see how the ladies react to some of the truths in the Bible that don’t line up with their Catholic upbringing. It should be good for some interesting discussion time.

I also studied a few hours on Spanish. I was reading some of my notes (I’ve filled 2 notebooks so far) and read stuff that I forgot we even discussed. No wonder my brain is crazy. Too much stuff in it!

For dinner, I fixed a baked potato and some cream of mushroom soup. It was yummy. I had trail mix for dessert.

I spent another few hours on the internet looking up info about projects for our ladies to work on in sewing class for the next few months. I can get drawn in and lose track of time doing that. But it’s been a fun day.

I’m pretty tired and I need to get up early tomorrow for extra hours in Spanish class, so this will be short.

We said goodbye to Steve Wood and his family this morning. Jocelina moved into her room this afternoon. Next Sunday our intern from FBCRogers will arrive for 3 weeks and then on Thursday, Talon, our intern from El Dorado AR will arrive for a couple of weeks. It will be interesting to have them here and get geared up for the big December team.

Mike says we’re having a staff meeting about Dec and the future, etc., after lunch tomorrow. I’ll scurry home from Spanish class to be ready. Then I think Mary and I may go down town for a little bit. She wants to get some flip flops and Monday afternoon is about our only free time to do so.

I grabbed a quick shower, my second one today, so that I would be fresh and clean for my clean sheets. I think I hear them calling my name…

No comments:

Post a Comment