Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday, November 10, 2011 NICARAGUA

I’ve been fighting a splitting headache all evening. It’s not getting any better and I think being on the computer is making it worse. So I’ll make this short and sweet.

This morning I got up and headed for class. I stopped on the way at Bazaar Jerry for some crochet thread for some projects for the ladies in our Tuesday classes which will start next week. I want to make some sample projects for them to see. Lizabeth called me by name 2 or 3 times while I was there. I was thinking how sweet it was to hear my name coming from her. I guess because I’m here. Then I was thinking about how sweet it is that God calls my name every time He speaks to me and that I take that for granted. I’m going to try to remember that and it will bring a smile to my face when I’m talking to Him.

I also stopped at Mundo Escolar Librería, my favorite little paper & supply store for some binder clamps that I will need for the projects. I also picked up a mini stapler to carry in my book bag. I enjoy seeing that sweet girl who works in there. I think she enjoys seeing me come to shop, too, since I spend a little money in there often.

I stopped by the Texaco station and bought a cold bottled water, because I knew I would end up drinking all of the water in my backpack during class. I then stopped at the corner and exchanged some more money. That guy is getting used to seeing me 2 or 3 times a week. He probably wonders why I don’t exchange more money at one time instead of coming so often. Oh well…

I made it to class a little early and reviewed until Juan got there. We had a very good class. I grabbed a taxi for the trip home, since I knew I would be out in the sun in the afternoon. We had the most delicious Canelones today. Claudia had seen them being made before, but this was her first time to make them. They were sensational! I’m her biggest cheerleader!

After lunch, Mike took Leslie, Mary and me to downtown for some shopping. Leslie helped Mike negotiate a refrigerator for the Mission House, so we would have plenty of room for the food for the teams. Then he and Manuel ran errands while Mary, Leslie and I ran around to different clothing and second-hand stores. We found some shirts for Coco so that she can have a new little wardrobe along with the skirts that I made for her. I bought a pretty top for myself. Mary found a few things for herself, too. Then we stopped at La Unión and I picked up a few groceries for my room. We grabbed a taxi for home and Leslie headed to her house.

When Mary and I arrived at the Mission House, the Hulsey’s were leaving. Alberto said they were coming back to drop off Manuel for an overnight with us. Mary and I sat outside and had dinner (I had cold Canelones and Mary had chocolate cake) and we waited for Manuel to arrive.

Buster the dog is now a resident of the Mission House and he thinks he is really big stuff. He will sleep in Alberto’s little house at night and he runs all over the place barking at everything. He took off with my flipflop this evening. I didn’t notice until I was ready to put my shoes back on (I had put my feet in a chair to relax). That little stinker had taken off with the shoe and left it in the yard. I then put the shoes in the seat with my feet and he still tried to take the shoes. Little stinker!

Manuel had dinner and then sang to Mary and me and then played his drums. Mary showed him some cds of the kids in the children’s home that Voice of Hope runs in Honduras. We had popcorn for a snack and then all retired to our rooms. Manuel is sleeping in Mary’s room to protect her.

Alberto’s daughter from Costa Rica and son Carlos from here, along with Carlos’ 2 boys are coming tomorrow to visit with Alberto and swim in the pool. Manuel will enjoy swimming with them.

I’m going to enjoy having the morning free. I have some sewing and craft projects to get done this weekend. Tomorrow afternoon is Women’s Bible study at ROSCC church and Saturday we are supposed to go to Managua for the day. So, I’ll have limited time to get things done, but I hope to be home on Sunday afternoon to finish some stuff up.

Tomorrow night, we have 40+ people coming to stay at the Mission House for a retreat. They will use the rooms, kitchen (to cook all their own meals) and the pool. Mary and I will be gone on Saturday and part of Sunday, so we won’t really notice them too much. I’ll be spending time in my room sewing anyway, so I don’t mind having them here. It’s nice to hear people on property sometimes. It’s a blessing to church groups to use the Mission House and it helps us to pay the rent! I love using what God gives us to bless others. And return God blesses us through it all.

Next week will be busy with extra hours for Spanish classes, 2 Women’s Bible studies and the beginning of the sewing classes on Tuesday. There’s just not enough time to get everything done! But I bet if I ask God to tweak my schedule He will make it just right!

Time to go to bed and get rid of this headache. I sure do like my room and the new table. Everything is fitting just perfectly. I’m very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment