Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 NICARAGUA

I had to stop and think what day it is today. The only thing that clued me in was the Bible study at Las Quimeras church. Getting too busy and the days are running together!

I felt a little better this morning. I’m so thankful for antibiotics! I got ready for my early Spanish class. Carlos brought 10 more Bibles over for me. I’m so thankful for the donation by Jamie Hill and his church. It’s so important to provide Bibles to these ladies. Anyway, Carlos brought them over early before I left for class.

Mary took custody of my room key since I needed to leave the room open for Aracelys to clean today. Since I’ve been going to class earlier than usual, she has not been able to clean for me and I had lots of dust and threads from sewing. It was heavenly to come home to a clean smelling room today!

I walked to class and stopped by the Basar Jerry for some particular thread. Then I proceeded to walk to the Mundo Escolar Librería to buy the notebooks and pens for the ladies Bible study. I just love stopping in that store. The lady seems happy to see me too, since I’m always buying stuff in there!

I made it to class a few minutes late, but Juan was later than me, so I reviewed some before he got there. We had a great 3 hour class today. We worked on verb tenses and I’m trying to get them to make more sense to me. I’m making headway. I think it would have been easier if I hadn’t had to learn so many of them at the same time. Also, I’m still working on memorizing the 400 verbs he gave me. I’m about 50% on those. We had some great conversations in Spanish and enough variety in his teaching style that it makes the 3 hours fly by. Tomorrow will only be 2 hours, as usual, but I know it will be very beneficial, as well.

As I was walking home, Mike and Sherry came along in the van. They pulled over and picked me up. Leslie was with them. We got to the house and waited for lunch to be ready. Manuel had done really well in school this morning. He is enjoying having Jaasiel as a teacher. His meds are good in the morning, but by afternoon, he has a hard time with emotions sometimes. We’re praying that things will calm down for him as the med changes kick in.

Lunch was good, but I ate way too much rice. Saturnino, Alberto, Leslie and I sat together and I enjoyed catching most of what they were saying in Spanish. It’s encouraging to me to get better each day.

Leslie and I put the Bibles and bags together for the Bible study ladies who haven’t received theirs yet. Then I got changed for the class.

Mike had bought some raw wood tables and I picked one out for my room. It’s rectangular and fits perfectly in the corner of my room designated as my desk/sewing area. Saturnino had treated it for termites and stained it with our special Nica stain. It looks nice, but I cover it with a long table cloth anyway. I paid Mike for it so that it would be mine and the ministry wouldn’t have to foot the bill. It was quite a bargain. I’m very happy with it! Now I have room to leave my printer on it and still have room to sew. Yay! Since it isn’t as wide as the square plastic table I had in here, I could move my bed down the wall about 5 more inches. This gave my rocking chair space more room and I love that, too. I’m quite cozy. I guess I should take some pictures and post them on fb sometime soon, since I’ve been here 7 weeks now and I guess you could say I’m settled in.

The Bible study at Las Quimeras was very good. We had 19 out of the 22 today. Sherry talked to Pastor Sergio about 6-7 women that he would recommend to start our sewing class next week. I’m really looking forward to it. I can’t wait for them to start working on stuff for themselves, their families and stuff to sell to the North Americans as souvenirs. What a blessing!

We got home and I baked a potato and added it to my split pea soup for dinner. Yum! I had chocolate pudding for dessert.

I’ve spent most of the evening on the computer, since Mike left the internet cable for me. Mary tried to get on the computer they left here for her to use, but couldn’t get it to work right. I’m not familiar enough with it to help much. She didn’t want to mess with my computer, so she’ll wait until tomorrow when Mike can help her to check her facebook and emails. She was going to call her daughter tonight on her cell phone.

I called my sister Sandy this morning as I was walking to class. I don’t get good signal down here all the time, so I haven’t called the states much over the last weeks. I need to be better about that.

I guess I should get off of here, study a little more Spanish and go to bed.
I’m thankful that I’m feeling better. I’m so glad that I could bring those antibiotics down here (just in case).

Looking forward to tomorrow and all that God brings my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment